GPS Units = Show road steepness?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th 19, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle

Default GPS Units = Show road steepness?

On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 9:28:23 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Also Zen's idea that you can make enough of ANY bicycle component
to qualify it for custom fabrication is WAY over the top.

You have absolutely no qualifications to be able to make that comment, so Unless you've had direct conversations with the senior design staff at Garmin you might want to keep your ****ing mouth shut. yeah yeah, we know, you sent them an email and they told you they were using devices from the Mirochip DSP family, right?

I wonder if he knows what it cost to manufacture custom chips that will
be outdated next year because someone gives their's another feature.

A custom ASIC doesn't go obsolete until the manufacturer determines it no longer meets the requirements, ****ferbrains.

Speed averaging for display isn't the world's easiest problem and
they are doing that in a continuous update.

Your stupidity know no bounds. Average speed is calculated by distance over time. That's two numbers that are constantly updated, and a simple math function that constantly updates a third. That number is converted to a display map. This is difficult? Maybe for you.

Since the altitude problem requires two inputs minimum to an ADC
there is no possibility of making a custom chip.

wow....no, calculating altitude doesn't require two DC inputs. A barometeric pressure sensor has one analog output, ****ferbrains. Even calculation through GPS is done by a serial data transfer from the GPS receiver to the microcomputer, unless of course you can give us a link to a GPS receiver that has an integrated shift register designed to mate with a data bus (yeah that would make all kinds of sense for a device that processes data rates as slow as GPS....derp)

And he doesn't seem to know what a gate array is or what it does.

It's pretty clear, I know way more about it than you do. I've written VHDL for FPGAs, and not just once. I've been on a team that developed segmentation and reassembly chipsets for sychronous optical networks. The combinatorial logic device that was part of the chipset was a 240 pin Altera chip.

Pothole gardener stars on Road Rage TV show Alycidon UK 0 February 10th 16 01:12 PM
Show off now faces arrest after road damage Alycidon UK 5 October 5th 15 11:00 PM
gps units recycled[_2_] General 1 July 26th 09 11:59 PM
FS: 2 Polar Power units Andre Marketplace 0 June 17th 05 12:13 AM
FS: 2 polar power units Andre Marketplace 0 June 11th 05 10:49 PM