Exercise versus Nutrition

Old March 18th 05, 01:06 AM
Bill H.

Default Exercise versus Nutrition

Found this article online and thought others might like it:
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/health/fitness.htm

It's by the late Ken Kifer, an avid bicyclist. Kind of ties in to the
lazy generation of kids who eat McDonalds and play Xbox, too.

-Bill H.

Old March 18th 05, 05:46 PM
dgk

On 17 Mar 2005 17:06:21 -0800, "Bill H."
wrote:

Found this article online and thought others might like it:
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/health/fitness.htm

It's by the late Ken Kifer, an avid bicyclist. Kind of ties in to the
lazy generation of kids who eat McDonalds and play Xbox, too.

-Bill H.

Makes me happy. I bike roundtrip to work (only 3 more weeks until the
surgeon clears me to go back to it) at around 12-13 mph. Takes an hour
each way. Coincidentally, it's 12.5 miles each way.
Old March 18th 05, 09:31 PM
gds

dgk wrote:

I bike roundtrip to work snip at around 12-13 mph. Takes an hour
each way. Coincidentally, it's 12.5 miles each way.

And too bad that lots of HS grads can't do that complicated math :-)

Old March 18th 05, 09:57 PM
Leo Lichtman

"dgk" wrote: (clip) Coincidentally, it's 12.5 miles each way.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's no coincidence. The return trip is generally the same distance as
the outbound trip if you follow the same route. G

Old March 18th 05, 10:53 PM
Blair P. Houghton

Bill H. wrote:
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/health/fitness.htm

It's by the late Ken Kifer, an avid bicyclist.

After reading it, I have to ask:

How old, and how?

--Blair
"Maybe I'll keep hammering."
Old March 19th 05, 04:46 AM
AustinMN

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
Bill H. wrote:
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/health/fitness.htm

It's by the late Ken Kifer, an avid bicyclist.

After reading it, I have to ask:

How old, and how?

Drunk driver while cycling near his home, about a year and a half ago. He
was 57.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~riin/ken.htm
http://www.kenkifer.com/death.htm

Austin
--
I'm pedaling as fast as I durn well please!
There are no X characters in my address

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM