other uses for old spokes

Old April 5th 05, 08:36 AM
Tom Keats

Default other uses for old spokes

They're great drain decloggers and backscratchers,
and useful for fishing wayward cat toys out from
under the furniture.

The handle recently broke off the lid of my
favourite saucepan. But a spoke through the
lid's screw hole helps lift it off without
my getting scalded.

I was wondering what diverse uses for spokes
other people might have come up with.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old April 5th 05, 09:11 AM
Bill Sornson

Tom Keats wrote:
They're great drain decloggers and backscratchers,
and useful for fishing wayward cat toys out from
under the furniture.

The handle recently broke off the lid of my
favourite saucepan. But a spoke through the
lid's screw hole helps lift it off without
my getting scalded.

I was wondering what diverse uses for spokes
other people might have come up with.

Pulling elastomers out of fork stanchions.

(OK, not really a /stretch/, but...)

Old April 5th 05, 01:22 PM
Maggie

Tom Keats wrote:
They're great drain decloggers and backscratchers,
and useful for fishing wayward cat toys out from
under the furniture.

The handle recently broke off the lid of my
favourite saucepan. But a spoke through the
lid's screw hole helps lift it off without
my getting scalded.

I was wondering what diverse uses for spokes
other people might have come up with.

cheers,
Tom

A spoke through the screw hole lifts it off?? This NG is getting
weird.
OT but if you ever want to take a lady into the city for a romantic
dinner go to "Acappella" in Tribeca. I was there Saturday night. The
waiters are in black tie and so cute. Fabulous food. Northern Italian.
Very dark in there just in case you are with someone you souldn't be
with. ;-) And the first episode of "The Sopranos" was filmed there.
It really is a great restaurant. Very pricy, but DELISH..... I should
post on a NG for restaurant reviews. Maggieszagat.misc.
http://www.acappella-restaurant.com/index2.htm
All good things,
Maggie

Old April 5th 05, 04:03 PM
Pat Lamb

Tom Keats wrote:
They're great drain decloggers and backscratchers,
and useful for fishing wayward cat toys out from
under the furniture.

The handle recently broke off the lid of my
favourite saucepan. But a spoke through the
lid's screw hole helps lift it off without
my getting scalded.

I was wondering what diverse uses for spokes
other people might have come up with.

Scrapers of mud out of sneakers (aka running shoes, aka trainers). The
spoke goes into the fashionable mud collectors, I mean grooves, and
cleans it out.

Pat
Old April 5th 05, 05:22 PM
Leo Lichtman

"Tom Keats" wrote: (clip) I was wondering what diverse uses for spokes other
people might have come up with.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Spring hooks.

Old April 5th 05, 05:47 PM
Bestest Handsander

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
They're great drain decloggers and backscratchers,
and useful for fishing wayward cat toys out from
under the furniture.

The handle recently broke off the lid of my
favourite saucepan. But a spoke through the
lid's screw hole helps lift it off without
my getting scalded.

I was wondering what diverse uses for spokes
other people might have come up with.

I used a handful to "distress" a cabinet I was building. The customer wanted
it to "look 100 years old." So, among other things, I took a handful of old
spokes and whacked the hell out of it. It did a pretty good job of
simulating 100 years of keys, coins and such being dropped it.