Moab: Which ride on Saturday?

Old January 16th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Moab: Which ride on Saturday?

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46123
Question: Which Moab ride on Saturday?

- Pedallers
- Hoppers
- Pedallers on steroids
- Novice riders
- Back end riders
- Not going to Moab

Ok, so the 2006 Moab info is now posted on moabmunifest.com and the ride
on Saturday is split up into different groups so I decided to see what
group everyone was going to be in so if I go I can choose better.

Here is the info right from the site:

moabmunifest.com wrote:

Saturday, March 25th: Main Riding Day. Porcupine Rim Trail
(http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/index.htm, select Moab Area
then Porcupine Rim Trail) There will be at least 5 variations on this
ride which will hopefully account for differing riding abilities. You
simply decide which rider group you want to ride with from the
following list:

*Pedallers* – (will complete the 15.6 mile ride of the Porcupine
Rim trail proper) Meet at Lions Trail Hub, on the Colorado River at
9:00am (exit point for Porcupine Rim Trail) and plane to shuttle to the
Porcupine Rim Trail head for a 10:00 am start with the rest of the
riders below (except Back-End-Riders)
*Hoppers* – (will complete a 7-8 mile loop of the Porcupine Rim
Trail and a new section on it called the Lower Porcupine Single track
or LPS for short) meet at 10:00am at Porcupine Rim trailhead on Sand
Flats road. We would like as many Hoppers as have room in their cars
to meet at 9 am with the Pedallers at the Lions Trail Hub to help
shuttle the Pedallers to the Porcupine Rim trailhead. When done
ridding, Hoppers will end up back at their own cars and will therefore
not need shuttle services for themselves.
*Pedallers-On-Steroids* – (will complete 20 miles including most
of the Hoppers and Pedallers routes) Meet with the Pedallers at Lions
Trail Hub, on the Colorado River at 9:00 am and plane to shuttle with
the Pedallers to the Porcupine Rim Trail head for a 10:00 am start with
the rest of the riders below (except Back-End-Riders)
*Novice-Riders* – (6 mile out and back, 1000ft gain) these riders
will ride along with the Pedallers to the Castle Valley overlook but
then simply double back to the Porcupine Rim trailhead parking. Meet
with the Hoppers at 10:00am at Porcupine Rim trailhead on Sand Flats
road. If you have room for helping shuttle the Pedallers plan to meet
at 9 am with the Pedallers at the Lions Trail Hub.
*Back-End-Riders* – (no distance commitment, starts at the end of
the Porcupine Rim Trail and works backwards) These riders can enjoy the
single track assent and descent at the end of the Porcupine Rim Trail
and do any distance of out and back from the end of the Porcupine Rim
Trail that they desire. It would be possible for these riders to leave
later than the others and simply ride till they run in to the Pedallers
and just turn around and ride back with them.

It's a public poll so everyone can see what you are doing.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

Old January 16th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

if i go...and its actually starting to look a little like i might be
able to (:
then i'd probably be in one of the lesser ones. mostly because i don't
have a proper MUni, just a 20" and a coker, and I doubt a coker would
be good for a long distance MUni trip, even though mine does now have
an airfoil rim and extra wide hub...so I'll just be bringing my 20",
and do the Novice Riders or Hoppers.
that is, if i go.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

Old January 16th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I clicked steroids, because I wanna try it. Not sure if I'd make it, but
meh.

I'm 100% of the vote!

--
Fuego

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

"Wow, I think it's clear that gimp does a much better job of saving
gifs than mspaint."
-Phlegm
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Old January 16th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah, I didn't vote yet because thats the reason I made the poll, to see
what I want to do

Old January 16th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I don't like long huge distance rides, I'd rather do a fun technical
ride....

I'll probally go were everyone else is going... Maybe hoppers, I dunno

Dang its too confusing. We'll definitly be there for all the friday
rides.

--
forrestunifreak

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

www.seattlebikesupply.com

Old January 16th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

somebody help me out.. I wanna go to MOAB but how will I get to the
airport (slt take) to there ? who is giving you guys a ride ?

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

Old January 16th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

We're driving all the way from Montana. We're packed full too....

I'm sure someone will be able to pick you up. Maybe start a new thread
to get more answers....

Old January 16th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i want to do a long ride, so maybe the pedallars on spteroids or the
pedallars, i dont know yet.

for sure i want to do the practice loop though.

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old January 17th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I don't really know either, Is the "hoppers" trail more fun or
something? Does it have more formations to play on? I did the practice
loop this summer. I also hae ridden some of Bartlet wash. I definitely
don't want to do the long one, which ever one has the coolest "side
stops" would be my choice.

^I realize that didn't make any sense.

--
KcTheAcy