very bizarre

Old October 26th 03, 02:55 PM
Penny S

Default very bizarre

having got up way too early this am, I surfed over to "cycling forums.com"
just to see what's there - I"m always looking for decent women's discussion.

Anyway, They do have a direct gateway to AMB for their members, and
everything posted to amb shows up is a BBS format. Here's the kicker tho:
the board "looks like" it lists 3 moderators for AMB via the site. So if
you come over from there you'd think it was moderated. Very bizarre, every
single post shows up there too and we are all listed as "guests". Not sure
if I like that.

penny s

dont' forget to "fall back" if you are in the States.

Old October 26th 03, 03:19 PM
MPD Blue

Penny S wrote:
dont' forget to "fall back" if you are in the States.

Thanks!
I don't feel so bad for sleeping in till 10... (it's really only 9!-)

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Old October 26th 03, 03:21 PM
Stephen Baker

Penny says:

Not sure
if I like that.

Not sure if I like it either, but I suppose we did post to a public forum, so
it's not like it's copyright or anything. It just feels wierd that this whole
mess we have going here is interesting enough for someone to bother copying it
elsewhere. ;-)

Steve (that's "Guest Steve" to you cycling forum folks...)
Old October 26th 03, 03:33 PM
Dave W

Penny says:

Not sure
if I like that.

Not sure if I like it either, but I suppose we did post to a public
forum, so it's not like it's copyright or anything. It just feels
wierd that this whole mess we have going here is interesting enough
for someone to bother copying it elsewhere. ;-)

Steve (that's "Guest Steve" to you cycling forum folks...)

Doesn't seem to be too many post from within the cycling forum though.
That's weird. I mean why bother?

Plus the whole moderation thing....do they actually think...oh nevermind.
Still not a good idea. I mean where would we antagonists post??

Old October 26th 03, 04:21 PM
ireman_1

Originally posted by Penny S Here's the kicker tho: the board "looks
like" it lists 3 moderators for AMB via the site. So if you come over
from there you'd think it was moderated. Very bizarre, every single
post shows up there too and we are all listed as "guests". Not sure if
I like that.

penny s

dont' forget to "fall back" if you are in the States.

There isn't much moderating in any forum "over here" really. Once in a
while they will chime in on something or say "Come on now, this is a
friendly forum." Outside of someone bashing someone elses religion
things usually don't get very heated though. There doesn't seem to be
the "kiss my ass" mentality there, although once in a while...

K.

--
Don't give up, don't ever give up.

Old October 26th 03, 08:59 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 at 15:21 GMT, Stephen Baker penned:
Penny says:

Not sure
if I like that.

Not sure if I like it either, but I suppose we did post to a public
forum, so it's not like it's copyright or anything. It just feels
wierd that this whole mess we have going here is interesting enough
for someone to bother copying it elsewhere. ;-)

Steve (that's "Guest Steve" to you cycling forum folks...)

I'm pretty sure that *any* text is implicitly copyrighted, at least in
the US. If you wanted to give up your rights, you would have to
explicitly place something in the public domain.

I hope they're not presenting it as though it's theirs, which would be
pretty rude. (I'm big on attribution.)

In any case, it seems like a waste of effort, since google groups will
let you search and post to any newsgroup:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....mountain-bike

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please
Old October 27th 03, 09:26 PM
Corvus Corvax

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote

I hope they're not presenting it as though it's theirs, which would be
pretty rude. (I'm big on attribution.)

Well, except that by posting to Usenet, you are implicitly giving
permission for what you write to be reproduced on millions of
newsfeeds. There are not copyright issues with respect to providing an
alternative feed, even a cens^H^H^H^Hmoderated one.

It _is_ fun to see what they do when you say "****". But then I'm
easily amused.

CC
Old October 27th 03, 09:43 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 at 21:26 GMT, Corvus Corvax penned:
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote

I hope they're not presenting it as though it's theirs, which would
be pretty rude. (I'm big on attribution.)

Well, except that by posting to Usenet, you are implicitly giving
permission for what you write to be reproduced on millions of
newsfeeds. There are not copyright issues with respect to providing an
alternative feed, even a cens^H^H^H^Hmoderated one.

It _is_ fun to see what they do when you say "****". But then I'm
easily amused.

CC

I think there's a line there somewhere. If for some reason, someone
took one of my usenet postings and published it in a book without
getting my permission first ... I'm pretty sure I could sue them. I'm
100% sure I'd be very unhappy that they did so.

I guess, to me, there's a difference between saying, "we're providing a
mirror to this usenet group for your convenience," and, "we're providing
this discussion group." I'm big on giving credit where credit is due,
and particularly on not taking credit where it's not due.

Old October 28th 03, 02:13 AM
Jon Bond

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
om...
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote

I hope they're not presenting it as though it's theirs, which would be
pretty rude. (I'm big on attribution.)

Well, except that by posting to Usenet, you are implicitly giving
permission for what you write to be reproduced on millions of
newsfeeds. There are not copyright issues with respect to providing an
alternative feed, even a cens^H^H^H^Hmoderated one.

It _is_ fun to see what they do when you say "****". But then I'm
easily amused.

CC

I love how they cut it down to just "easily amused" ( **** )
it seems they just cut out any line with **** in it....
so really, anybody reading my message on that ****ing board
wouldn't see a ****ing thing.
Crazy, huh? ( **** )

Thats some ****ed up repugnant ****.

Jon "I wonder what they'd do to Pulp Fiction?" Bond - oh, I almost forgot,
****!