Bikes on footpaths - damn...

Old October 10th 03, 08:44 AM
David Trudgett

Default Theists and atheists [was: Rights and privileges. [was: Bikeson footpaths - damn...]]

Theo Bekkers wrote:

"David Trudgett" wrote

Hi Theo,

Actually, I'm very pleased that you made that point, because it is a
curious fact many atheists, such as yourself, are opposed
to conscription,

Why is that curious. Theists believe in an afterlife, atheists don't.
Which do you think would value _this_ life more?

Good point! Doesn't seem to work that way with all atheists, though,
does it? Same with theists. Go figure. :-)

whereas many so-called "Christians" are quite
prepared to be conscripted and to murder men, women and children

they

have never seen before.

Or even people they have.

Indeed.

Cheers.

David

Old October 13th 03, 10:52 PM
David Trudgett

I said there were no such things as rights and privileges, but this
article by Ran Prieur sums it up far better than I ever could. Enjoy! :-)

When is a Right Not a Privilege?

http://web.pitas.com/ranprieur/112702.html

Cheers,

David