Best Festivus gift ever

Old December 29th 06, 03:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Default Best Festivus gift ever

My GF was VERY generous this year, all kinds of stuff (including one of
them newfangled IPod thingys, which I'm a little apprehensive of.)

My favorite, however, was the DVD of "Breaking Away". Uncorked some
vino, dropped the DVD in the carriage, and watched. I developed a lump
in my throat that would have strangled me had the movie lasted another
5 minutes. One of the last scenes, where Cyril is looking around.... I
can't take it. Hooks me right in the gut every time. Took everything I
had to not bawl my eyes out.

I haven't even hit the extra DVD gimmicks yet.

/s

I can't TAKE it!

Old December 29th 06, 03:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Scott Said: "Breaking Away is awesome"

That's not the first review of this movie I've heard, but it sounds
just like the last one did. I think you just dropped that proverbial
straw onto my procrastinating camel. I've got a gift card to burn, and
there's a mall on my way home. If I can find it I think I'll buy it.
Headed to a friend's camp through the New Year, so I may not get a
chance to see it until next week. I've got to see if he's really on
the small ring during that draft anyway.

Old December 29th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mamba

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
ups.com...
My GF was VERY generous this year, all kinds of stuff (including one of
them newfangled IPod thingys, which I'm a little apprehensive of.)

My favorite, however, was the DVD of "Breaking Away". Uncorked some
vino, dropped the DVD in the carriage, and watched. I developed a lump
in my throat that would have strangled me had the movie lasted another
5 minutes. One of the last scenes, where Cyril is looking around.... I
can't take it. Hooks me right in the gut every time. Took everything I
had to not bawl my eyes out.

I haven't even hit the extra DVD gimmicks yet.

/s

I can't TAKE it!

Same with Bambi...

Old December 29th 06, 11:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Scott Gordo wrote:
My favorite, however, was the DVD of "Breaking Away".

I almost took a huge header over the side on my motorcycle rght where
Kevin Costner almost did in the flick on the "Tour of The Moon". The
RD version was that it was early AM and I was riding down from a g/f's
place after spending the night and not sleeping much. "Another
schnitzengruben? Baby, I am not from Havana, 15 is my limit."

JD toured the Moon on a cruiser bike and passed GRSs

Old December 30th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
My favorite, however, was the DVD of "Breaking Away".

I almost took a huge header over the side on my motorcycle rght where
Kevin Costner almost did in the flick on the "Tour of The Moon".

snip

American Flyers

Different director ... same writer ... terrible movie.

Old December 30th 06, 05:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Scott Gordo wrote:
My GF was VERY generous this year, all kinds of stuff (including one of
them newfangled IPod thingys, which I'm a little apprehensive of.)

My favorite, however, was the DVD of "Breaking Away". Uncorked some
vino, dropped the DVD in the carriage, and watched. I developed a lump
in my throat that would have strangled me had the movie lasted another
5 minutes. One of the last scenes, where Cyril is looking around.... I
can't take it. Hooks me right in the gut every time. Took everything I
had to not bawl my eyes out.

I haven't even hit the extra DVD gimmicks yet.

/s

I can't TAKE it!

I saw that in the theater as a kid and I think it made me want to cycle
more (already did some). Great movie.
I've swam in that quarry (Icebox Quarry near Bloomington).

Matt