Tricycle question

Old June 15th 07, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin MacDonald

Default Tricycle question

Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of the
Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a good
piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but understandable given
the speciality nature of the machine.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a small adult tricyle for £400?

Cheers,
Colin

Old June 15th 07, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sandy Morton

In article .com,
Colin MacDonald wrote:
Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of
the Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a
good piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but
understandable given the speciality nature of the machine.

When I was hiring cycles I had a few of these and also some other
Mission products. All performed very well.

hth

Old June 15th 07, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin MacDonald

On 15 Jun, 13:01, Sandy Morton wrote:
In article .com,
Colin MacDonald wrote:

Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of
the Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a
good piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but
understandable given the speciality nature of the machine.

When I was hiring cycles I had a few of these and also some other
Mission products. All performed very well.

Thanks for that - good to have some independent views.

Cheers,
Colin

Old June 15th 07, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Colin MacDonald wrote:
Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of the
Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a good
piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but understandable given
the speciality nature of the machine.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a small adult tricyle for £400?

I recommend NOT trying a "proper" adult trike;
you'd never put up with a lesser one...

http://www.longstaffcycles.com/trike.html

BugBear (proud owner)
Old June 15th 07, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin MacDonald

On 15 Jun, 13:45, bugbear wrote:
Colin MacDonald wrote:
Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of the
Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a good
piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but understandable given
the speciality nature of the machine.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a small adult tricyle for £400?

I recommend NOT trying a "proper" adult trike;
you'd never put up with a lesser one...

http://www.longstaffcycles.com/trike.html

BugBear (proud owner)

Yeah, I saw them. I also saw the £750+VAT for the hybrid-style trike
and, while I'm sure it's really quite nice, it's a little excessive
for what I'm after! The £4000 trike-tandem, though, should be a
Museum of Weirdness!

Colin

Old June 15th 07, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message .com, Colin
MacDonald ') wrote:

On 15 Jun, 13:45, bugbear wrote:
Colin MacDonald wrote:

I recommend NOT trying a "proper" adult trike;
you'd never put up with a lesser one...

http://www.longstaffcycles.com/trike.html

BugBear (proud owner)

Yeah, I saw them. I also saw the £750+VAT for the hybrid-style trike
and, while I'm sure it's really quite nice, it's a little excessive
for what I'm after! The £4000 trike-tandem, though, should be a
Museum of Weirdness!

My parents had friends who raced a tricycle tandem. It was an, errmm, very
interesting machine - extraordinarily fast, but with a cornering style not
unlike sidecar racing. They also regularly rode it long distances - coming
up to visit us in Edinburgh for the weekend (they lived in Wales).

;; Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us
;; many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.
;; Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
;; Tom Stoppard, Artist Descending A Staircase
Old June 15th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John B

Colin MacDonald wrote:

Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of the
Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a good
piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but understandable given
the speciality nature of the machine.

I've come across a few of them. they seem Ok for the price. I know
someone who regularly takes theirs to the New forest tracks..
The diBlasi folding trikes are also interesting.

John B

Old June 15th 07, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John B

Simon Brooke wrote:

My parents had friends who raced a tricycle tandem. It was an, errmm, very
interesting machine - extraordinarily fast, but with a cornering style not
unlike sidecar racing. They also regularly rode it long distances - coming
up to visit us in Edinburgh for the weekend (they lived in Wales).

Ours has done much of Europe and the UK with my daughter and camping
equipment on the back. We've only ridden one TT - and finished in a tad over
29 minutes for a 10 when KJ was just 5.
Its presently gathering a bit too much dust but it is a truly wondrous
machine to ride.

John B

Old June 16th 07, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Naqerj

John B wrote:

Colin MacDonald wrote:

Not expecting much but here goes. Does anyone have experience of the
Mission 20" tricycle (or Mission trikes in general)? Is it a good
piece of kit? It's £425 which is a bit steep but understandable given
the speciality nature of the machine.

I've come across a few of them. they seem Ok for the price. I know
someone who regularly takes theirs to the New forest tracks..
The diBlasi folding trikes are also interesting.

Di Blasi do a folding trike?

tears up folding trike plans and goes off to see Mr Google

--
Andrew

The First Tricycle of Spring :-) Carol Hague UK 2 April 18th 07 12:05 PM
electric tricycle, legal question John Burns UK 15 February 7th 07 03:25 PM
folding tricycle Erik Sandblom UK 4 August 28th 06 08:51 PM
Tricycle the Baker-Bealls UK 2 January 25th 04 02:54 PM
Anyone know who manufactures this tricycle General 10 August 2nd 03 03:15 PM