Tandem practice

Old May 13th 07, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Default Tandem practice

Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
Old May 13th 07, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pete whelan

Ekul Namsob wrote:
Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

Cheers,
Luke

whereabouts are you based ?

(what size bikes do you both ride ?)

Old May 13th 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Helen Deborah Vecht

Pete Whelan typed

Ekul Namsob wrote:
Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

Cheers,
Luke

whereabouts are you based ?

(what size bikes do you both ride ?)

Does Sandy still have tandems on The Bicycle Island?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 13th 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Pete Whelan wrote:

Ekul Namsob wrote:
Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

whereabouts are you based ?

We're in Preston.

(what size bikes do you both ride ?)

Kate has an 18" bike. Mine is 52cm, if I understand the receipt
correctly.

Cheers,
Luke

Old May 13th 07, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 13 May, 18:40, (Ekul
Namsob) wrote:
Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

We hired one a few weeks ago in the New Forest and had a great time.
It's a fairly cycle friendly area - all main roads limited to 40 mph,
and free range ponies everywhere, so people drive fairly carefully.
It's fairly flat, and there are lots of forest tracks, quite
manageable on a tandem.

There are two hire places at Brockenhurst station; we went with
Cyclexperience for £20 for the day and it was fine. Country Lanes
across the car park had shinier tandems for £25. Country Lanes have
branches in other parts of the country, and we've hired in the Forest
of Dean and Derbyshire next to an old railway cycle track - Tissington
Trail? (can't remember who with).

My partner always thinks she'll be able to sit on the back and do
nothing and gets taken by surprise when her pedals go round with mine.
But we find it surprisingly easy, and even managed to overtake some
lads who had the cheek to overtake us as we were pootling back at the
end of the day.

But what we really wanted to hire was a Hase Pino... anyone know
anywhere that does those?

Rob

Old May 13th 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Ekul Namsob wrote on 13/05/2007 20:08 +0100:
Pete Whelan wrote:

Ekul Namsob wrote:
Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

whereabouts are you based ?

We're in Preston.

www.tandeming.co.uk. Book one of their Ride 4 Fun or other packages
from their Manchester base (also in Ironbridge, the New Forest and
Oxford if you fancy venturing further afield). Run by Pete Bird, a good
all round tandem person.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old May 13th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"Ekul Namsob" wrote in message
news:1hy2e2o.zv2jo917p4ff3N%notmyaddress.1.ekulnam ...
Kate and I gave up cycling together quite some time ago as she got fed
up at being left behind on hills (both up and down) and I got fed up
waiting for her to catch up.

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day or
more?

Clumber Park (National Trust) near Worksop has some along with mountain
bikes for hire, but they only have a few so you'd have to go when it's
raining or get there at opening time to get one!

I think there's lots of paved routes around the park but I'm not sure how
well their tandems would cope with the trails.
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old May 13th 07, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Ekul Namsob" wrote in message
news:1hy2hxc.1pxg0x129ejyuN%notmyaddress.1.ekulnam ...

This summer, my in-laws will be looking after our daughter for a week
and we've considered having a go on a tandem somewhere. Can anyone
recommend somewhere where we might be able to hire a tandem for a day
or
more?

whereabouts are you based ?

We're in Preston.

I'm in Settle. You're welcome to borrow ours for a weekday, if you're tall
enough (how tall?)

cheers,
clive

Lowracer practice Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman Recumbent Biking 8 April 24th 07 02:37 AM
Common Practice B. Lafferty Racing 16 June 21st 06 04:37 AM
Practice day 2 unicycleboy Unicycling 6 December 19th 05 08:34 PM
Today's Practice unicycleboy Unicycling 6 December 17th 05 07:21 PM
Trials Practice joe Unicycling 12 May 1st 05 12:54 PM