Wiggle's free gifts

Old October 13th 11, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Wiggle's free gifts

Just got a pair of Castelli Body Paint shorts today from Wiggle and
the freebie was a measly bag of Haribos. A far cry from the bottle
openers you used to get, I thought they'd sent something better
considering the price of those shorts.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 14th 11, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Scion

Simon Mason wrote:

snip Castelli Body Paint /snip

Ugh, the name says it all! :-)
Old October 14th 11, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Oct 14, 9:51*am, Scion wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

snip Castelli Body Paint /snip

Ugh, the name says it all! :-)

I wore them to work yesterday and they are by far the most comfortable
shorts I have ever worn and about half the price of Assos gear.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 14th 11, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:45:03 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

Just got a pair of Castelli Body Paint shorts today from Wiggle and
the freebie was a measly bag of Haribos. A far cry from the bottle
openers you used to get, I thought they'd sent something better
considering the price of those shorts.

Madway voice
Freeloading sponger!
/Madway voice
Old October 14th 11, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
Just got a pair of Castelli Body Paint shorts today from Wiggle and
the freebie was a measly bag of Haribos. A far cry from the bottle
openers you used to get, I thought they'd sent something better
considering the price of those shorts.

Madway voice
Freeloading sponger!
/Madway voice

What a cheek!
The VAT on those shorts was 30 quid which is more than I have paid in
petrol for two weeks.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 14th 11, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

What a cheek!
The VAT on those shorts was 30 quid which is more than I have paid in
petrol for two weeks.

Crikey - 5 hours work for you.

--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old October 15th 11, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark O'Knee

wrote:
Just got a pair of Castelli Body Paint shorts today from Wiggle and
the freebie was a measly bag of Haribos. A far cry from the bottle
openers you used to get, I thought they'd sent something better
considering the price of those shorts.

Madway voice
Freeloading sponger!
/Madway voice

What a cheek!
The VAT on those shorts was 30 quid which is more than I have paid in
petrol for two weeks.

And why is that in any way relevant? Or are you expecting a free gift
from the government, which is where that £30 goes?

You really know what sort of person you're dealing with when they
complain about something that's FREE.
Old October 15th 11, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

*wrote:
Just got a pair of Castelli Body Paint shorts today from Wiggle and
the freebie was a measly bag of Haribos. A far cry from the bottle
openers you used to get, I thought they'd sent something better
considering the price of those shorts.

Madway voice
Freeloading sponger!
/Madway voice

What a cheek!
The VAT on those shorts was 30 quid which is more than I have paid in
petrol for two weeks.

And why is that in any way relevant? Or are you expecting a free gift
from the government, which is where that 30 goes?

You really know what sort of person you're dealing with when they
complain about something that's FREE.- Hide quoted text -

Apparently there are some drivers that believe that the tax on fuel
and VED somehow goes to pay for the roads directly.
They don't realise that it all goes into one big pot like the VAT on
my shorts does.
I wasn't really complaining as such, it was just a comment that the
freebies seem to be getting less creative than they were 10 years ago.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 15th 11, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:
Just got a pair of Castelli Body Paint shorts today from Wiggle and
the freebie was a measly bag of Haribos. A far cry from the bottle
openers you used to get, I thought they'd sent something better
considering the price of those shorts.

Madway voice
Freeloading sponger!
/Madway voice

What a cheek!
The VAT on those shorts was 30 quid which is more than I have paid in
petrol for two weeks.

And why is that in any way relevant? Or are you expecting a free gift
from the government, which is where that 30 goes?

You really know what sort of person you're dealing with when they
complain about something that's FREE.- Hide quoted text -

Apparently there are some drivers that believe that the tax on fuel
and VED somehow goes to pay for the roads directly.

No, its the majority of drivers - and they are correct in believing it
should.

They don't realise that it all goes into one big pot like the VAT on
my shorts does.

Stolen by the Guvmint.

What a wonderful grasp of economics you have. How much does the average
European earn a week?

University
Old October 15th 11, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

I was even talking about this way back in '03. :-)

http://www.cyclingcrowd.com/Uwe/Foru...id-Wiggle-stop

--
Simon Mason

Fantastic buys, appliances, holidays, gifts, free national calls Alan Erskine[_2_] Australia 0 April 25th 09 12:10 AM
ggreat Xmas gifts abbey Unicycling 3 December 27th 07 06:04 PM
Delicious gifts for any occasion. Your business logo on each gift for free. [email protected] General 0 October 12th 07 05:48 AM
Get Free Gifts!!! Ipod, Laptop, Handy,...for only 40$ The Best Thing ever!!!! [email protected] Unicycling 0 February 25th 05 03:33 PM
No gifts this year? Jiyang Chen Racing 26 July 24th 04 12:08 AM