Unicycle Hockey in DC trip report

Old June 20th 04, 04:11 PM
cyberbellum

Default Unicycle Hockey in DC trip report

'Gallery' (gallery.unicyclist.com/Unicycle-Hockey-in-DC)

The weather was perfect - bright blue skys with puffy clouds and the
occasional thunderstorm off to the north. The first people there were
Grant (tennisgh2), Nick (nbrazzi) and James (siafirede), followed by
Frank (Hell-on-Wheel) and Wendy.

I brought sticks, balls and cones and everyone tried them, so
technically we did "play" at hockey even though we never really played a
game. It was more of a meet and greet event.

One of my unicycles fit Grant when we raised the seatpost all the way up
so he was all grins most of the afternoon. He hadn't ridden in almost 3
months. (I saw his old unicycle... what a mess! NOT reparable.)

Everyone tried my Coker. I had no idea it could do all those things!
Even Wendy gave it a shot despite her protests that she couldn't really
ride well. Yeah, right. She made it look easy.

Frank's fireball tire was a big hit. He had the pressure way low so it
bounced like no tire I've ever seen.

We were visited by some skateboarders from the neighborhood. One of
them tried unicycling and showed real talent. He managed to roll one or
two revolutions within 2 minutes.

All in all it was a great day. Frank and I discussed the possibility of
doing a muni event down near Richmond for the second meet-up of the
summer.

More later, gotta go outside and play

--
cyberbellum - Level 1.0 rider!

I was standing in the park wondering why frisbees get bigger as they get
closer. Then it hit me.
cyberbellum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4550

Old June 20th 04, 04:52 PM
johnglazer

Sounds and looks awesome! I agree with the ride in Richmond, it would
be great. Also, there has been more rumors about a trials course in my
back yard, which is also soon to be Frank's back yard also!

john

--
johnglazer - We own you

www.rowletts.com
www.sixsixone.com
johnglazer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3714

Old June 20th 04, 05:39 PM
tennisgh22

tim, i really appreciate you setting that up. what a blast! thanks again
for letting me borrow one of your unicycles.

maybe next time we can get some more of the HOW crowd to join us?

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old June 20th 04, 10:25 PM
johnglazer

I would love to join you all, and I hope I will be able to, along with
other HOW members.

john