What all rounder uni?

Old September 14th 08, 06:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

Default What all rounder uni?

Ok Hello everyone

I have made threads to aid me on purchasing a new uni before, but this
time I'll be more specific. Ok what I'm looking for

Quite good at freestyle and street
possibly a koxx one
under $800
I don't want a uni which is based on one type of unicycling, but on
several so I have a range of choices to choose from.
very strong uni which will last a long time.

Thanks
-1wheelwonder

--
1wheelwonder

I AM the nija unicyclist! KIIIAAAAIIIII!!!!
Old September 14th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

'Well i would consider this machine then.' (http://tinyurl.com/5ugcv3)

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
we should provide the defibrilator
TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
Old September 14th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

I wouldn't
It doesn't seem like money is that much of a problem so I'd say get a
K1 Black Domina for street/flat and it will still do good for
freestyle..not as good as a freestyle uni, but if you're going any
large street at all you might want something a little more heavy duty.
You could make your own 20'' wheel w/ a nice bmx rim and isis cranks.
That could be a good middle for street and freestyle.

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old September 14th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

I don't really want the black domina because it is focused on two types
of uniing, flat and freestyle. i was thinking that flight green is a
good all rounder, but not so good at freestyle

Old September 14th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

The black domina is focused mostly on street and flat and would do good
at freestyle

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old September 15th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

and the balck domina is way out of my price range and mum says it has to
be under 700 now... (edit: I'm in Australia if you are wondering)

Old September 15th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

Get a KH

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old September 15th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

KH's are 850.

Old September 15th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kyle_Destroyer

My recommendation:
Make it custom.

I think a Nimbus Black Widow would be a good street/freestyle hybrid,
except it's not splined.

Build it from the ground up, something like the Black Widow, but with
an ISIS hub and maybe the new Sym cranks

--
Kyle_Destroyer

Unicycle for Universalist Unitarianism!

Last time I cussed I got nerfed.....gersh dernit.
Old September 15th 08, 11:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

Nimbus all the way: good value and easily available in Oz.
A standard build would be simpler, and quicker to get: customs are nice
but cost mo unless your heart is set on something special.
browse the Australian unicycle.com and buy before your mum changes her
mind again!

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine