Blue railway signals?

Old December 16th 18, 10:30 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

Default Blue railway signals?

On 16/12/2018 09:25, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/12/2018 19:25, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 18:21:55 +0000, Fred Johnson wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 11:22:05 -0000, Max Demian
wrote:

====snip====

Usually hot is on the left.

Seems to be that way on all my sinks, but I'd say in other people's
houses I see it the other way round in about 20% of cases.Â* When I were
a lad, the bathroom sink was definitely the other way round, can't
remember the kitchen sink.

Â* Back in the day when *cold* running water was a luxury, the tap
(fawcet)
would be mounted on the RHS for ease of use by right handed people (the
majority of the population - most left handers learn soon enough to
become ambidextrous).

Â* The hot tap being a much later luxury add on had to make do with the
only remaining space on the LHS. Thus was the convention of LHS hot/RHS
cold tap placement born. The other way round is usually the result of
lazy plumbing and pure chance.

Any evidence for that? Surely they would put the single tap in the
middle for symmetry. Was there ever a time when hot taps were added as
an extra to an existing cold water tap, rather than installing them
together?

I have seen te odd one like that yes, in pretty old un-renovated
properties back in the 1970s

Sounds like a neat, invented explanation.

That I agree with.

As soon as twin taps were vthe norm for some reaosn sonmeone decided
that the right hand more often than not wanted the cold tap

Prior to that the cold tap was generally either central or in an random
corner

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Old December 16th 18, 10:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Rod Speed

o.uk...

wrote:

====snip====

Usually hot is on the left.

Seems to be that way on all my sinks, but I'd say in other people's
houses I see it the other way round in about 20% of cases. When I were
a lad, the bathroom sink was definitely the other way round, can't
remember the kitchen sink.

Back in the day when *cold* running water was a luxury, the tap
(fawcet)
would be mounted on the RHS for ease of use by right handed people (the
majority of the population - most left handers learn soon enough to
become ambidextrous).

The hot tap being a much later luxury add on had to make do with the
only remaining space on the LHS. Thus was the convention of LHS hot/RHS
cold tap placement born. The other way round is usually the result of
lazy plumbing and pure chance.

Any evidence for that? Surely they would put the single tap in the middle
for symmetry. Was there ever a time when hot taps were added as an extra
to an existing cold water tap, rather than installing them together?

Corse there was.

Sounds like a neat, invented explanation.

Then you need a new hearing aid, bad.

Old December 16th 18, 12:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default FLUSH 363 Lines of Absolutely Idiotic Stinking Troll ****!

....and much better air in here again!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Old December 16th 18, 12:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:20:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Because you had enough of a clue to work out how
to use animal skins and eventually to invent clothes.

even our
Neanderthal cousins didn't.

They arent your cousins. And they died out and are
only now seen playing rubgy football.

NOW this thread has finally reached the level that makes the Scottish ******
wank off to it, you brain dead senile suckers of troll cock! tsk
Old December 16th 18, 12:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:11:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Since they put on clothes to keep the ice and snow out?

So we're born indecent? That doesn't make sense whether you believe in
god or evolution.

Wrong with evolution.

Huh? If we needed clothes we'd be born with them on.

Must be why are born with cars around us, houses etc.

I hope you idiots don't mind if I make a record again of your latest
retarded "conversation", you ****ed up retards! Keep going! LOL

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Old December 16th 18, 12:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 20:35:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Any evidence for that? Surely they would put the single tap in the middle
for symmetry. Was there ever a time when hot taps were added as an extra
to an existing cold water tap, rather than installing them together?

Corse there was.

Sounds like a neat, invented explanation.

Then you need a new hearing aid, bad.

Is this still about blue railway signals, you endlessly driveling, ****ed
up, senile idiots?

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Old December 16th 18, 12:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 03:11:09 GMT, Johnny B Good, another brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

upside down.

"Standards". The nice thing about 'standards' is that there are so many
to choose from. At one time, there was

Oh, no! Another troll-feeding senile idiot who feels the need to tell the
troll and everyone else about his long life! BG
Old December 16th 18, 12:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 03:22:32 GMT, Johnny B Good, another brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

I've been banned from forums for less.

I've used even stronger acronyms such as GIYF! The pling (or bang)
completely changes the meaning (and more importantly, the tone) of the
more usual GIYF :-)

Oh, my! What a bunch of lonely blithering idiots! Hey, senile idiot, you
need to **** off to some ng made specifically for driveling seniles! tsk
Old December 16th 18, 01:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
newshound

On 14/12/2018 18:22, Fred Johnson wrote:
People with colour blindness shouldn't drive trains (or cars for that
matter).

And it's not very many, in fact I know of only one person who's
colourblind.

You may not know *of* many but I bet you know quite a lot. It's about 8%
of men, although many of them do not realise that, or discover it until
tested later in life.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:07:18 -0000, Brian Gaff
wrote:

Yes I think that is where the confusion came from actually. So many
people
have colour blindness that blue is normally avoided.

Brian

Old December 16th 18, 02:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Kristy Ogilvie

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:37:49 -0000, newshound wrote:

On 14/12/2018 18:22, Fred Johnson wrote:
People with colour blindness shouldn't drive trains (or cars for that
matter).

And it's not very many, in fact I know of only one person who's
colourblind.

You may not know *of* many but I bet you know quite a lot. It's about 8%
of men, although many of them do not realise that, or discover it until
tested later in life.

I think you'd notice when you saw all the traffic light bulbs looking identical. You're not safe to drive if you can't tell red from green.

wrote:

Yes I think that is where the confusion came from actually. So many
people
have colour blindness that blue is normally avoided.

Brian

Hand signals from car Tough Guy no. 1265 UK 87 October 25th 15 04:17 PM
Hand signals? Squashme UK 27 May 23rd 13 11:58 AM
Invicta Men's Chronograph Blue Leather Blue Dial Watch 3314 [email protected] UK 0 April 3rd 08 04:17 AM
Hand signals Bean Long Australia 3 December 9th 05 02:31 PM
Hand signals Arpit Australia 52 September 14th 03 06:05 AM