RR: I miSSed it!

Old June 22nd 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default RR: I miSSed it!

Wow I have not been on my SS for so long that
the tires on it were flat. I had a ride plan with a
couple of friends last Tuesday so I took it with
me. Like they say, "it's just like riding a bike"
except in this case it IS indeed riding a bike.
I felt at home with it; I was turning well, climbing
well (short hills) and descending well. I'd swear
it handles better than my FS. I'll make it a point
to ride it at least once a week now!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old June 22nd 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Zilla wrote:
Wow I have not been on my SS for so long that
the tires on it were flat. I had a ride plan with a
couple of friends last Tuesday so I took it with
me. Like they say, "it's just like riding a bike"
except in this case it IS indeed riding a bike.
I felt at home with it; I was turning well, climbing
well (short hills) and descending well. I'd swear
it handles better than my FS. I'll make it a point
to ride it at least once a week now!

I noticed a similar thing not too long ago, although my tires still had
air in them! I did a long (3 hours) ride with a guy who's a really
strong SS rider with lots of technical stuff and boy was I was wiped
afterwards!

After that I made a commitment to do at least one SS ride a week. So far
I've been doing at least that (for a month or so).

Matt
Old June 23rd 06, 01:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default I miSSed it!

"Zilla" wrote in message
Wow I have not been on my SS for so long that
the tires on it were flat. I had a ride plan with a
couple of friends last Tuesday so I took it with
me. Like they say, "it's just like riding a bike"
except in this case it IS indeed riding a bike.
I felt at home with it; I was turning well, climbing
well (short hills) and descending well. I'd swear
it handles better than my FS. I'll make it a point
to ride it at least once a week now!

You should be thrown in jail for bicycle abuse! Give your SS more love!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old June 23rd 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:16:35 -0400, Zilla wrote:

I'd swear
it handles better than my FS. I'll make it a point
to ride it at least once a week now!

It should. Suspension can make handling more mushy. My first bike didn't
have a suspension fork, but I added one later. One of the most noticeable
differences was how much more poorly it handled on sharp corners.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old June 25th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Zilla" wrote in message
Wow I have not been on my SS for so long that
the tires on it were flat. I had a ride plan with a
couple of friends last Tuesday so I took it with
me. Like they say, "it's just like riding a bike"
except in this case it IS indeed riding a bike.
I felt at home with it; I was turning well, climbing
well (short hills) and descending well. I'd swear
it handles better than my FS. I'll make it a point
to ride it at least once a week now!

You should be thrown in jail for bicycle abuse! Give your SS more love!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I got probation since I promised to ride
it once a week now.

- Zilla
Cary, NC USA
(Remove XSPAM)

South west uni meet , you missed a good un. sarah.miller Unicycling 7 September 21st 05 10:03 AM
You missed the point. scott Australia 1 September 5th 05 01:54 AM
I Missed The Gooch!!!! (Melbourne) jazmo Australia 25 May 24th 05 10:07 AM
GJ - missed drug test???? patrick Racing 1 May 29th 04 03:33 PM
Missed Lidl? Mark Thompson UK 6 March 26th 04 03:57 PM