OT Ckearing my Kill files

Old January 4th 07, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pinky

Default OT Ckearing my Kill files

This is posted separately on other NG's

Well it's a new year and as a sort of mad gesture I have just spent 45
minutes clearing all my kill files. The email kill file took about a minute
but the NG file was several hundred members long (don't know how many!)

It was my intention to empty it completely but I confess that I have
retained all 7 known "MattB" aliases and about the same numbers of "Ed
Dolan and associates" -- together with a few totally spurious, mad and
outrageously offensive ( mainly USA) addresses.

So my email killfile is empty but sadly my NG kill file still sits at 35
permanent members ----- which is a huge reduction from goodness knows how
many!

I am sure that my NG killfile will be quite quickly repopulated

I know that many will subject me to flames whatever I say

BUT ............. BUT................

My NG new year resolutions a-

1. That I shall not at any time indicate publicly on any NG (or privately
and personally), when I have add a poster to my killfile (this will be the
hardest to keep -- which it is why it is at the top of my list).
2. I also promise to be more tolerant to those who criticise me (another
near impossible one!).
3. I promise to try and not wander off on long tangents recounting long
distant memories (another impossible task-- but made easier by my annual
European cycle tours --- which sadly are just as potentially tangential!)

A none resolution is to stop being a grumpy old f*rt ---- not
achievable ---- and it is likely to get worse as my daily cycling gets more
restricted and my opinions of mad motorists/bikers goes out of
control!!!!!!!!!!!

And a happy new year to us all -----

after a life time on no significant injuries on my velos I had 2 quite
painful "offings" in 2006 which were cause by blind, "I didn't see you",
motorists. The one in January cost his insurance £2400 + solicitors
osts -- the one in November is still at the early stages and I cannot say
more (thank goodness for that old fashioned, not very responsive, not very
"touring" CTC!). But despite "cycling is safe" I have nearly daily
encounters -- near misses --which for inches or a slower response from me
could be so much more. I see a slow but continuing deterioration of
motorist's care of others. It is, I suspect, a result of being more and more
insulated from the real world outside their vehicles -- quieter, warmer,
more music, more relaxed, less engine noise -- more protected from
collision with other vehicles --- it all results in faster and more
careless drivers! Very frightening!

Sorry -- tangential yet again!

Lol

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old January 5th 07, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Pinky wrote:

It was my intention to empty it completely but I confess that I have
retained all 7 known "MattB" aliases and about the same numbers of "Ed
Dolan and associates" -- together with a few totally spurious, mad and
outrageously offensive ( mainly USA) addresses.

My killfile is fairly minimalist, but the above all feature and are IMHO
well worth featuring. Might a Mr. Vandeman be one of the latter group?
;-/ (one good thing about him is you you can ignore anything in any
thread he posts to).

3. I promise to try and not wander off on long tangents recounting long
distant memories (another impossible task-- but made easier by my annual
European cycle tours --- which sadly are just as potentially tangential!)

Just prefix them with TR...

Happy New Year,
Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Amber files for divorce Froid Landis Racing 0 August 5th 06 11:26 AM
Crit Pro Files For Divorce from Crowe Joe King Racing 4 February 5th 06 04:35 AM
HAC4 files conversion Francesco Devittori Techniques 1 November 6th 05 10:46 PM
The Sp00n-M@n files JayWoo Australia 12 October 21st 05 06:50 AM
Huffy files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection hippy Australia 16 October 26th 04 11:41 PM