Last couple of rides - photos

Old October 6th 05, 06:15 PM
MattB

Default Last couple of rides - photos

It's been so nice here the past few days. Clear, cool and beautiful. The
aspens are past peak colors, but there's still some great foliage to be
seen.
I took a ride with a fun group on Sunday. Some locals and a guy who used
to live here back in town for a friend's (LBS wrench) wedding. It was a
slow start but we had a great time playing around at Hartman's. The guy
who moved away a year ago has lost quite a bit of conditioning and was
hurting a from being a city dweller. He also only had a singlespeed and
this was his first ride of the season. The group was pretty fast. It
looked painful.
Then last night I slipped away from work early and took the SS out to my
closest trails up near Signal Peak. It was crisp, maybe in the 50's when
I set out and I had to wear long sleeves.
I did a loop I call the lower singletrack loop, which is a lot of nice
trail through the sage with a little bit of high alpine climbing in the
pines thrown in. It totals around 18 Miles and 1600 vertical Ft. I felt
strong, and the bike was rolling along very nicely. At one point I rode
through a group of grouse and I think we got equally startled as they
flushed up around me making that distinct grouse sound. I made two brief
stops for photos and to answer nature's call but mostly just kept it
moving. It took about two hours and it was dark when I pulled back into
the garage. The time to ride after work is dwindling, and with the
approaching time change it will be almost completely gone.
When the sun fell below the ridge to the west the temp got down into the
40's, and I could feel my chin getting cold.

I snapped a few pics which are in a gallery he
http://mattb.net/pics.aspx?gal=2005-10-05%20(Local%20fall%20riding)
or
http://tinyurl.com/7mmut

I particularly liked this one I took last night. The antlers are a new
trail marker, and the lighting was very nice, although the sky got a
little washed out.
http://mattb.net/images/galleries/2005-10-05%20(Local%20fall%20riding)/DSC01943.JPG
or
http://tinyurl.com/bl2qz

Matt
Old October 6th 05, 06:52 PM
x1134x

In regards to pictureSC01930.JPG

wow! did you get a bowl of soup with that shirt?

x1134x {:-)

Old October 6th 05, 06:58 PM
MattB

x1134x wrote:
In regards to pictureSC01930.JPG

wow! did you get a bowl of soup with that shirt?

x1134x {:-)

I'll have to ask (it's not me), but it looks a lot like one of the old
jerseys the LBS owner found a big box of in the basement. He was giving
them away to anyone who wanted one to sport the latest retro look.

Matt
Old October 6th 05, 07:01 PM
x1134x

Yeah, i was gonna say that shirt had to be made circa 1977-1981. LOL

I think it's cool even though I could never bring myself to wear one.

x1134x

Old October 6th 05, 07:27 PM
MattB

x1134x wrote:
Yeah, i was gonna say that shirt had to be made circa 1977-1981. LOL

I think it's cool even though I could never bring myself to wear one.

x1134x

I've got an old white and rainbow one from the same box, but
unfortunately it fits my wife better than me (too short).
One thing I and the majority of people I ride with have in common is
nobody is trying too hard to look cool. There could be a little effort
put into looking un-cool (like those retro jersies, but they are also
free which is a big selling point). We're more into riding and having
fun. If you can do that and look totally un-cool, all the better, it
somehow makes it more fun.

Matt
Old October 7th 05, 02:49 AM
x1134x

When my card playin' buddies got together in Phoenix, and someone wore
a hat supporting a sports team someone else didn't like, "Hey! Did ya
get a free bowl of soup with that hat?" was a common joke.

I know a few people who are like that (really into the uncool look,
they think its, well, cool.

x1134x

Old October 7th 05, 02:52 AM
small change

x1134x wrote:
When my card playin' buddies got together in Phoenix, and someone wore
a hat supporting a sports team someone else didn't like, "Hey! Did ya
get a free bowl of soup with that hat?" was a common joke.

I know a few people who are like that (really into the uncool look,
they think its, well, cool.

x1134x

huh?

Care to quote the original post? What are you talking about? And you call
Crazy's style, well, crazy?

ps

Old October 7th 05, 03:53 PM
MattB

small change wrote:
x1134x wrote:

When my card playin' buddies got together in Phoenix, and someone wore
a hat supporting a sports team someone else didn't like, "Hey! Did ya
get a free bowl of soup with that hat?" was a common joke.

I know a few people who are like that (really into the uncool look,
they think its, well, cool.

x1134x

huh?

Care to quote the original post? What are you talking about? And you call
Crazy's style, well, crazy?

ps

Caddy Shack.

"Looks good on you though."

Matt "Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!"
Old October 8th 05, 08:50 AM
Dave W

"x1134x" wrote in message
oups.com...
When my card playin' buddies got together in Phoenix, and someone wore
a hat supporting a sports team someone else didn't like, "Hey! Did ya
get a free bowl of soup with that hat?" was a common joke.

I know a few people who are like that (really into the uncool look,
they think its, well, cool.

x1134x

Great line from a great flick....

good call...

Good Colorado rides weissnp Unicycling 2 May 28th 05 01:12 PM
Ride Photos of a couple of areas in and around Phoenix, AZ, USA GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 November 12th 03 03:30 PM
Retro photos Slacker Mountain Biking 4 September 6th 03 10:26 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 3 July 18th 03 08:18 PM