2012 Tour ranking

Old September 13th 11, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

Default 2012 Tour ranking

On Sep 12, 4:43*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
On Sep 11, 7:44*am, RicodJour wrote:

Vuelta was "interesting" because it's very hard to make time on
climbs, and there was hardly any TTing. That's ok: it's a legit
parcours, but it creates a very different kind of race than a typical
Tour, and one where the final time gaps were small.

It may also argue for the return of time bonuses to the Tour.

As long as they don't have time bonuses for the TTT, I'm okay with
that.

Old September 16th 11, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

The giro was far better this year than the other tours.
Old September 29th 11, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

A guy at the office, doing quite well, thank you, had a
gift from his dad when he turned 18: a set of luggage. His
brother is doing even better as an anti-trust lawyer (but
he claims that since brother works for the corporations,
that brother is a pro-trust lawyer.) When I turned eighteen
all I wanted was to get on my own; not that I had not been
well taken care of.

--
Old Fritz

It never occurred to me that my parents would take care of my school and
whatever else I wanted. I worked all the way through high school, saving
money for college and, of course, buying whatever I needed for racing.
My dad, at one point, apologized to me for the fact that I had to work
while the other guys were out training, because their parents were
supporting them. ??? Looking back on it, yeah, the other juniors did
have an advantage, but I really didn't want it any other way. The
biggest guilt I ever felt was during my two years at UC Santa Cruz, when
I wasn't working during the school year. I couldn't wait to come home
for summer and work. And I wouldn't even consider the idea of spending
more than 4 years at college for a 4 year degree. Once out, I was out on
my own, rented an apartment, got a job at warehouse records (1979 wasn't
the best of economic times) then worked at Heathkit Electronics for a
year until an opportunity to get back into the bicycle business
presented itself.

Now? It's normal to take 6 years for a 4 year degree (sometimes more),
and why leave home when mom & dad are willing to pay for room & board?
It's ironic that a feeling of entitlement seems to have taken hold at
exactly the time when the US is having to seriously deal with global
economic realignment (not in our favor).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Vuelta 2009, Giro 2010, Tour 2010, Worlds 2012 Susan Walker Racing 10 September 24th 09 07:22 PM
2012 Olympics anyone? No Name Racing 0 November 16th 07 03:05 PM
2012 Olympics No Name Racing 0 November 15th 07 09:11 AM
Cadel is now our highest ranking Tour de France finisher. Friday Australia 3 August 6th 06 12:13 PM
Paris 2012 [email protected] Racing 20 July 7th 05 07:39 PM