TT Men's Podium!!!

Old August 18th 04, 04:18 PM
Tom Kunich

Default TT Men's Podium!!!

Tyler Hamilton Gold
Viacheslav Ekimov Silver
Bobby Jullich Bronz

YAHOOOOOOO. And if you count the fact that Ekimov has been adopted by
San Francisco bay area cyclists it is an ALL AMERICAN PODIUM.
Old August 18th 04, 05:03 PM
warren

In article , Tom
Kunich wrote:

Tyler Hamilton Gold
Viacheslav Ekimov Silver
Bobby Jullich Bronz

YAHOOOOOOO. And if you count the fact that Ekimov has been adopted by
San Francisco bay area cyclists it is an ALL AMERICAN PODIUM.

All Posties or former Posties.

-WG
Old August 18th 04, 05:11 PM
Hellephant

All Posties or former Posties.

mmmm, that sweet Postis-juice....

Old August 18th 04, 05:27 PM
Sierraman

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
om...
Tyler Hamilton Gold
Viacheslav Ekimov Silver
Bobby Jullich Bronz

YAHOOOOOOO. And if you count the fact that Ekimov has been adopted by
San Francisco bay area cyclists it is an ALL AMERICAN PODIUM.

U.S. Cycling Captures Three Gold Medals

http://tinyurl.com/5ac9k

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ime_trials_cyc

Old August 18th 04, 05:38 PM
Bob Schwartz

Sierraman wrote:

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
om...
Tyler Hamilton Gold
Viacheslav Ekimov Silver
Bobby Jullich Bronz

YAHOOOOOOO. And if you count the fact that Ekimov has been adopted by
San Francisco bay area cyclists it is an ALL AMERICAN PODIUM.

U.S. Cycling Captures Three Gold Medals

http://tinyurl.com/5ac9k

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ime_trials_cyc

He didn't really say 'six Tour de Frances' did he?

Bob Schwartz

Old August 18th 04, 05:57 PM
Dominic Richens

Tom Kunich wrote:
Tyler Hamilton Gold
Viacheslav Ekimov Silver
Bobby Jullich Bronz

Wow, I'm very satisfied with this result, and I'm not even American!!

Both Hamilton and Jullich are both strong cyclists with bad luck and truely
in my mind deserve the recognition that winning these medals will bring.

As for Eki, I just like to see someone who is older than I am performing at
such a high level! Think of all the other cyclists, in the prime of their
youth, whose butt he just kicked!!

Old August 18th 04, 06:03 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:42:59 +1000, Jeff Jones wrote:
Man Imprisoned In Fridge Eats Own Foot.

That's not funny
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...193990,00.html
Old August 18th 04, 07:45 PM
Bob Schwartz

Dominic Richens wrote:
As for Eki, I just like to see someone who is older than I am performing at
such a high level! Think of all the other cyclists, in the prime of their
youth, whose butt he just kicked!!

Like Ullrich. I think this is the beginning of the end for him. He's no
longer T-Mobile's main grand tour rider, and you would think Vino would
be the other guy if they wanted to enter the Tour with multiple threats.
They are obligated to do all three grand tours so my guess is that Jan
will be exiled to the Giro.

Ekimov is something else. His first medal in the Olympics was a Gold in
the Team Pursuit in 1988. Just to give everyone a sense of the era, here
are the cycling results from those games.

Team Pursuit
1. Soviet Union (Vyacheslav Ekimov, Arturas Kasputis, Dmitri Nelubin, Gintautas Umarus)
2. East Germany (Steffen Blochwitz, Roland Hennig, Dirk Meier, Carsten Wolf)
3. Australia (Brett Dutton, Wayne McCarney, Stephen McGlede, Dean Woods)
United States (Bobby Lettieri, Michael McCarthy, Leonard Nitz, Carl Sundquist), eliminated in qualifying round

Men's RR

1. Olaf Ludwig, GDR
2. Bernd Grone, FRG
3. Christian Henn, FRG
4. Robert Mionske, USA
65. Scott McKinley, USA
69. Craig Schommer, USA

100K TTT
1. East Germany (Uwe Ampler, Mario Kummer, Maik Landsmann, Jan Schur)
2. Poland (Joachim Halupczok, Zenon Jaskula, Marek Leniewski, Andrzej Syptkowski)
3. Sweden (Bjorn Johansson, Jan Karlsson, Michel Lafis, Anders Jari)
10. United States (Norman Alvis, James Copeland, Tony Palmer, Andrew Paulin)

Women's RR
1. Monique Knol, NED
2. Jutta Niehaus, FRG
3. Laima Zilporite, USSR
8. Kristin (Inga) Thompson, USA
16. Sally Zack, USA

Kilo
1. Aleksandr Kirichenko, USSR
2. Martin Vinnicombe, AUT
3. Robert Lechner, FRG
14. Bobby Livingston, USA

Pursuit
1. Gintautas Umaras, USSR
2. Dean Woods, AUS
3. Bernd Dittert, GDR
David Brinton, USA, eliminated in 1/8 finals

Women's Sprint
1. Erika Salumae, USSR
2. Christa Luding-Rothenburger, GDR
3. Connie Paraskevin-Young, USA

Men's Sprint
1. Lutz Hesslich, GDR
2. Nikolai Kovsh, USSR
3. Gary Neiwand, AUS
Ken Carpenter, USA, eliminated in repechage

Points Race
1. Dan Frost, DEN
2. Leo Peelen, NED
3. Marat Ganeev, USSR
8. Frankie Andreu, USA
Old August 18th 04, 08:18 PM
Callistus Valerius

Tyler Hamilton Gold
Viacheslav Ekimov Silver
Bobby Jullich Bronz

Since Lance is better than all 3 of them, that gives Lance his first
virtual gold olympic medal.

Old August 18th 04, 08:23 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:09:45 +1000, Jeff Jones wrote:
I do think that Jan's season will be over very shortly, however.

On German tv he talked about taking some time off (because generally he
was feeling well but thinking he might have done too much racing
lately), and returning with a vengeance for Zurich and Worlds. Hmm wait
up, Zurich? That's not much time off... (btw, please update
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...04/?id=default , slacker).

Jeez. That was the year I started cycling. I think I was inspired by the
Pedro Delgado affair in the Tour de France.

See, slacker. No damn that was 89.