SIgn of the Seasons

Old October 7th 04, 02:10 PM
the black rose

Tom Keats wrote:
I need more cold weather riding stuff now. I had a nice ride today and
as long as I kept moving I was fine, but when I stopped to chat with
folks from the local homeschooling group, I nearly froze. *shiver*

I wish I could send you a big, steaming bowl of my homemade
clam chowder; that'll warm the cockles o' yer heart. Along
with a side of bannock. (If you don't mind rich dairy products
like heavy cream, and butter.)

Mmm, sounds wonderful... and thanks for the though... but I'm lactose
intolerant, so I'd regret it later. *sigh*

BTW: the chowder would be made in a /clean/ stainless steel stock pot.

As opposed to a copper pot with a patina? :-D

-km
Old October 7th 04, 07:38 PM
Michael

Scott wrote:

My bikeride home last night was sufficiently cold that my eyes
watered.

Forgot they did that when it was cold It's been a nice
6 months since it happened last.

Scott

That surprised me too. Also chagrined at having the cold air go right
through sweat shirt and pants once I got up to 15-20 MPH.
Old October 7th 04, 07:57 PM
oldhousedr

Let us not forget another seasonal rite of passage: the exponential
increase in frequency of farmer blows, snot rockets or whatever you
would like to call the nasal expulsion of mucus while riding
one-handed.

--
oldhousedr