Another free bike - Oh, joy!

Old October 4th 04, 02:44 AM

Old October 4th 04, 03:28 AM

Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 4th 04, 03:57 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Eric S. Sande" writes:
Rarely do I find worthwhile bikes at garage sales. But I've not been
looking hard either. I don't really have room or need for another bike
but if one comes my way I'll not turn it down.

I'll do the rounds of local places on the weekends, but I'm just
speculating. If I see a good deal I'll go for it but I'm not really
in the market for a bike right now.

Except that I'd like to replace my commuter with something in Ti,
that guy out in the West has that, I thought I'd ask him.

I'm always vigilantly keeping a wether-eye open for a
good wheelset being practically given away by someone
who doesn't know what they've got. I mean, with
throw-away bikes, there's only so much of this Araya
and Alex crap one can put up with.

If good wheels come with a redundant bike attached to
them, so be it. I'll just chuck the extraneous bits
in someone's open dumpster somewhere, under cover of
darkness.

cheers,
Tom

Old October 4th 04, 06:33 AM
R15757

Tom Keats wrote in part:

I'm now on the lookout for another milk crate.

When I read that I shed a single tear like
the Indian in the anti-littering commercial.

Robert

Old October 4th 04, 02:51 PM
Claire Petersky

"maxo" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:08:29 -0700, Tom Keats wrote:

OH NO HE'S MILK CRATING A TRAIL BIKE!!!

Best laugh I've had on a Monday morning in a long time.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old October 4th 04, 07:58 PM
John Thompson

On 2004-10-04, Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:

"Frobnicator"? is that a word???

Define, please. :-3)

Derived from "frob" and "frobnicate"

"Jargon File (4.3.0, 30 APR 2001)"
frobnicate /frob'ni-kayt/ vt. Poss. derived from frobnitz, and
usually abbreviated to frob, but `frobnicate' is recognized as the
official full form. To manipulate or adjust, to tweak. One frequently
frobs bits or other 2-state devices. Thus: "Please frob the light
switch" (that is, flip it), but also "Stop frobbing that clasp; you'll
break it". One also sees the construction `to frob a frob'. See tweak
and twiddle.

Usage: frob, twiddle, and tweak sometimes connote points along a
continuum. `Frob' connotes aimless manipulation; `twiddle' connotes
gross manipulation, often a coarse search for a proper setting; `tweak'
connotes fine-tuning. If someone is turning a knob on an oscilloscope,
then if he's carefully adjusting it, he is probably tweaking it; if he
is just turning it but looking at the screen, he is probably twiddling
it; but if he's just doing it because turning a knob is fun, he's
frobbing it. The variant `frobnosticate' has been recently reported.

--

-John )
Old October 4th 04, 08:05 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Ryan Cousineau writes:

I'm always vigilantly keeping a wether-eye open for a
good wheelset being practically given away by someone
who doesn't know what they've got. I mean, with
throw-away bikes, there's only so much of this Araya
and Alex crap one can put up with.

Yeah, well, you get any, er, crappy Arayas or Alexes coming your way, do
me a favour and leave them behind my house.

All I'm saying is, should I spot a $10 garage-sale bike with
a nice set of Mavic or Sun rims on it, I'll be right in there
like a dirty sock.

cheers,
Tom