Best fitting leg warmers

Old October 4th 04, 07:25 PM
TAT 57

Default Best fitting leg warmers

I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes the best
fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or bunching behind
the knee.

Old October 4th 04, 08:09 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes the best
fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or bunching behind
the knee.

Depends on shape & sixze of the leg to be covered, surely...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old October 4th 04, 08:21 PM
David L. Johnson

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:25:21 -0500, TAT 57 wrote:

I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes the
best fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or bunching
behind the knee.

All of them creep down my thighs. I use tights instead.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Accept risk. Accept responsibility. Put a lawyer out of
_`\(,_ | business.
(_)/ (_) |

Old October 4th 04, 08:55 PM
Ken

"David L. Johnson" wrote in
news
I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes the
best fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or bunching
behind the knee.

All of them creep down my thighs. I use tights instead.

I like Pearl Izumi and Castelli. The fabric is very soft and stretchy and
never creeps.
Old October 4th 04, 11:47 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes
the best fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or
bunching behind the knee.

Depends

Ewww.

Bill "heavy handed snipster" S.

Old October 4th 04, 11:57 PM
gds

"TAT 57" wrote in message ...
I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes the best
fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or bunching behind
the knee.

I would think that the answer is specific to your legs. Why not go to
a LBS and try them on.
Old October 5th 04, 02:29 AM
Dan Cosley

In article , TAT 57 wrote:
I am going to get leg warmers for cooler weather riding. Who makes the best
fitting ones, I don't want them creeping down my thigh or bunching behind
the knee.

I have a number of pairs of sweat pants with holes in the knees.
Turns out if you cut off the lower legs, slip them up so the
bottom elastic is below the knee and the upper cut end is held
down by your bike shorts' elastic, they work quite well.
Cut them as long as you can; that way you can get more fabric
under the shorts elastic. This tip brought to you from the
Ron Hardin school of cheep, but it has worked very well for me.

-- Dan

--
Dan Cosley * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/)
GroupLens Research Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372)
Old October 5th 04, 02:53 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Dan Cosley wrote:

I have a number of pairs of sweat pants with holes in the knees.
Turns out if you cut off the lower legs, slip them up so the
bottom elastic is below the knee and the upper cut end is held
down by your bike shorts' elastic, they work quite well.
Cut them as long as you can; that way you can get more fabric
under the shorts elastic.

I'd love to see Fabrizio's reaction to this.

Bill "old Pearl Izumis* work well for me" S.

*one of 'em has a broken zipper, so I have about 6 safety pins on board.
VERY sexy!

Old October 5th 04, 03:37 AM
Dan Cosley

In article , B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:
Dan Cosley wrote:

I have a number of pairs of sweat pants with holes in the knees.
Turns out if you cut off the lower legs, slip them up so the
bottom elastic is below the knee and the upper cut end is held
down by your bike shorts' elastic, they work quite well.
Cut them as long as you can; that way you can get more fabric
under the shorts elastic.

I'd love to see Fabrizio's reaction to this.

I thought he just went warm places to train when it gets cold.
Besides, with black sweats you can hardly tell.

*one of 'em has a broken zipper, so I have about 6 safety pins on board.
VERY sexy!

Heh. I bought a pair of tights for $1.50 at the thrift store a month
ago. It was a little too cold for just the kneewarmers yesterday, so I
decided to try the tights. Oops, one of the ankle zippers was gone.
I couldn't even find a safety pin, so I wound up holding it closed with
a tortured paper clip. Very declasse, but bought me 33 miles of
beautiful ride, a trade I'll take in a heartbeat.

-- Dan

Old October 5th 04, 05:00 AM
BringYouToLife

It is fags like you people who have ruined every goddamn decent sport
left. I go out running on the trail here, and we got these yuppie
dandies trapesing along in their spandex tutu's and little ear muffs,
jesus christ, what kind of example did your fathers set for you? If
you were my kids I would have beaten the fashion sense out of you,
taught you how to be real men. Real men don't ****ing talk about leg
warmers.