Bicycling mag suggestions, please.

Old October 7th 04, 07:23 PM
Mark Mitchell

Default Bicycling mag suggestions, please.

I'm in the market for a bicycling mag. I'm not interested in off-roading,
long-distance touring or racing. My primary interests are all-weather
commuting (including a MN winter), and utility riding/cargo carrying.

A publication with a strong DIY tone would be a bonus.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Old October 8th 04, 04:45 AM
Brian

"Mark Mitchell" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a bicycling mag. I'm not interested in off-roading,
long-distance touring or racing. My primary interests are all-weather
commuting (including a MN winter), and utility riding/cargo carrying.

A publication with a strong DIY tone would be a bonus.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Rodale's BICYCLING magazine is an all-things-to-all-riders pub with a sister
magazine dedicated to offroad. DIY is featured, as are diet, training,
gear, and cycling news (two separate issues featuring TDF, oh well...).

Old October 8th 04, 04:56 AM
Lance

"Brian" wrote in
:
Rodale's BICYCLING magazine is an all-things-to-all-riders pub with a
sister magazine dedicated to offroad. DIY is featured, as are diet,
training, gear, and cycling news

hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah
Old October 8th 04, 07:02 AM
Mark Mitchell

On 2004-10-08, Brian wrote:

"Mark Mitchell" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a bicycling mag. I'm not interested in off-roading,
long-distance touring or racing. My primary interests are all-weather
commuting (including a MN winter), and utility riding/cargo carrying.

A publication with a strong DIY tone would be a bonus.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Rodale's BICYCLING magazine is an all-things-to-all-riders pub with a sister
magazine dedicated to offroad. DIY is featured, as are diet, training,
gear, and cycling news (two separate issues featuring TDF, oh well...).

Buycycling magazine back in the mid-80s, had it for a year or so, and read
pretty much everything they had to say. According to my browsing at the
magazine rack, they don't have much of anything new yet.

Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Old October 8th 04, 03:36 PM
Paul Cassel

On 2004-10-08, Brian wrote:

"Mark Mitchell" wrote in message

I'm in the market for a bicycling mag. I'm not interested in off-roading,
long-distance touring or racing. My primary interests are all-weather
commuting (including a MN winter), and utility riding/cargo carrying.

A publication with a strong DIY tone would be a bonus.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Rodale's BICYCLING magazine is an all-things-to-all-riders pub with a sister
magazine dedicated to offroad. DIY is featured, as are diet, training,
gear, and cycling news (two separate issues featuring TDF, oh well...).

No offence intended but, umm thanks, no. I had a subscription to
Buycycling magazine back in the mid-80s, had it for a year or so, and read
pretty much everything they had to say. According to my browsing at the
magazine rack, they don't have much of anything new yet.

Yeah, ok, but the guy asked for a recommendation. What would you then
recommend to him?

-paul

--
paul DOT cassel aT
gMail dot COM
Old October 8th 04, 04:04 PM
David Reuteler

Paul Cassel wrote:
Yeah, ok, but the guy asked for a recommendation. What would you then
recommend to him?

cycling+

boy, oh, boy does bicycling suck.
--
david reuteler

Old October 8th 04, 05:46 PM
Steve Knight

why bother with a mag. all they are there for is to sell you new stuff and
repeat the old stuff. there is far better info available on the net. plus it's
free.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old October 8th 04, 07:18 PM
Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell wrote:
On 2004-10-08, Brian wrote:

[...]

Well, considering that I am the guy asking for a recommendation, I can
assure you that Buycycling isn't what 'the guy' is looking for.

Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Old October 8th 04, 07:23 PM
Mark Mitchell

On 2004-10-08, David Reuteler wrote:
Paul Cassel wrote:
Yeah, ok, but the guy asked for a recommendation. What would you then
recommend to him?

cycling+

I'm interested in checking it out, they got a website?

boy, oh, boy does bicycling suck.

Agreed.

Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.

Old October 8th 04, 07:24 PM
Mark Mitchell

On 2004-10-08, Steve Knight wrote:
why bother with a mag. all they are there for is to sell you new stuff and
repeat the old stuff. there is far better info available on the net. plus it's
free.

Well, there's one reason.

My better half complains when I bring the computer into the the bathroom
with me.

Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.