Bicycling mag suggestions, please.

Old October 8th 04, 07:54 PM
Ken

David Reuteler wrote in news:4166ac95$0$532$a1866201
@newsreader.visi.com:
cycling+

CyclingPlus is a very good magazine. It covers the same kind of material as
Buycling, just at a much higher quality level. That doesn't sound like what
the original poster was asking for, though. You can find CyclingPlus in
bigger bookstores and bike shops. It is printed in England, so subscriptions
in the US are kind of pricey.

I think the original poster would be happier with something like the
Rivendell Reader: http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/html/reader.html
Old October 8th 04, 08:16 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:23:54 GMT, Mark Mitchell
wrote in message
:

I'm in the market for a bicycling mag. I'm not interested in off-roading,
long-distance touring or racing. My primary interests are all-weather
commuting (including a MN winter), and utility riding/cargo carrying.

http://www.velovision.co.uk - I have subscribed for a couple of years
now and it is consistently the most content-rich magazine I buy, as
measured by the time required to read it.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old October 8th 04, 08:44 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
On 2004-10-08, Steve Knight wrote:
why bother with a mag. all they are there for is to sell you new stuff and
repeat the old stuff. there is far better info available on the net. plus it's
free.

Well, there's one reason.

My better half complains when I bring the computer into the the bathroom
with me.

After searching around for Minnesota-specific info,
Google coughed this up:
http://www.bikeped.org/

They at least have a newsletter, but it doesn't seem
to be downloadable/printable.

My searching also turned up Culture Change:
http://culturechange.org

apparently formerly known as The Auto-Free Times.
I find it interesting, but it might be too political
and not enough about just plain cycling for other
people's tastes. But I just learned from it that
bungee cords are a leading cause of eye injuries.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 9th 04, 12:59 AM
Steve Knight

My better half complains when I bring the computer into the the bathroom
with me.

ever hear of a PDA? (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes