Choice of books on training for cyclists

Old October 8th 04, 05:58 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Default Choice of books on training for cyclists

I saw these titles in an LBS the other day. Anyone got
any reviews?

1. _The Lance Armstrong Training Program_ (Only didn't buy it instantly
because it only counts 5 of his TdF wins...I'm waiting for the sequel
with the GOOD info in it).

2. _The Cyclists Training Bible_

The titles are approximate; I was taking quick notes into a Palm,
not photographing the LoC page.

--Blair
"Broke 21mph over a lap today with
only 10 weeks back in the saddle.
Maybe I don't need no steenking
books."
Old October 8th 04, 12:27 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:58:17 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

I saw these titles in an LBS the other day. Anyone got
any reviews?

1. _The Lance Armstrong Training Program_

2. _The Cyclists Training Bible_

If you are racing are racing, the latter book is extremely good.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 8th 04, 11:59 PM
Blair P. Houghton

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:58:17 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

I saw these titles in an LBS the other day. Anyone got
any reviews?

1. _The Lance Armstrong Training Program_

2. _The Cyclists Training Bible_

If you are racing are racing, the latter book is extremely good.

I'm thinking about racing again, but the way I got smoked
yesterday (I was just past the end of my last training lap
and yipping over the time I'd set, and there was a group
of three guys ahead of me so I spin past them at full
cadence - maybe 23 mph in my current state - instead of
warming-down, and I guess they took offense, because half
a mile later the big one with the Deutsche Bank jersey and
the real-deal gastrocnemeii slams past me doing about 28
sitting down on a short 10% grade I was huffing up...) I
think I'm going to need time and an objective methodology.

--Blair
"Unless you're the guy handing out
the little yellow wrist bands, you
have reason to be humble."

Lactate testing / training [email protected] Racing 18 July 18th 04 08:37 PM
Swaps: Josie Dew books MSeries UK 15 June 15th 04 12:16 AM
Ergomo and Power Tap comparison Robert Chung Racing 169 November 5th 03 04:25 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM