ARBR RIP

Old May 3rd 05, 11:50 AM
Edward Dolan

Default ARBR RIP

Anyone but me notice that there has not been much to read lately here on
ARBR. All the old timers have left most likely never to return because of
the Gin episode. But we all know it is much easier to destroy something than
to build something, don't we. Everyone should be happy now that ARBR is
finally dead. All that is left is to have the funeral and bury it so it
doesn't stink up the Google archive.

Well, this is what happens when no one will defend the group when it comes
under attack by a single vandal. We had a few good years together, but all
it took was one vandal to destroy the group. When the going got rough
everyone (with a few exceptions) took a powder and wimped out. If the group
was not worth defending then I say good riddance to the group. It was not
worth saving - that we can all agree on. Perhaps it should never have
existed in the first place. Everyone should be happy now, or did I already
say that. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 3rd 05, 10:22 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:50:25 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

this is what happens when no one will defend the group when it comes
under attack by a single vandal.

We did, but you refused to mend your ways.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 3rd 05, 11:41 PM
NoComRulez

People avoid this place because they don't want to have to endure your
Hannity wanna-be crap, Dolan. You've been dropping your
faux-conservative garbage all over for years... Couldn't be that people
don't want to read that, could it?

Old May 4th 05, 03:47 AM
Slugger

Move along, nothing to read here.

Old May 4th 05, 05:47 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
oups.com...
People left not because of Ed Gin but because of Ed Dolan and Tom
Sherman. Again, they left way before Ed Gin showed up.

Perry B

Still top posting I see.

All I ever did was get rid of the dead wood who were spouting obnoxious
liberal opinions all over the place. I brought others to the group who
heretofore never wanted to be here because of all the liberal posting. One
thing I never was was a vandal. I contributed, I did not destroy. Have a
good hard look at the group now compared to where it was prior to the
arrival of the vandal and you will see what I mean.

A little straight talk and controversy never hurt anybody. That is all I was
ever guilty of.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 4th 05, 05:55 AM
Edward Dolan

"NoComRulez" wrote in message
oups.com...
People avoid this place because they don't want to have to endure your
Hannity wanna-be crap, Dolan. You've been dropping your
faux-conservative garbage all over for years... Couldn't be that people
don't want to read that, could it?

Sigh, another top poster.

I don't believe I ever posted a single message to any newsgroup in my entire
life that was not a response to some liberal garbage. But liberals are
notorious for dishing it out but not knowing how to take it. People always
want to read what I have to say as witness all the responses I get to
whatever I write. Well, we can't all be great like me.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 4th 05, 06:00 AM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
Move along, nothing to read here.

Sigh, another top poster.

Even so, Slugger thought it worthwhile to read what I had to say about ARBR
and respond with a six word message of his own.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 4th 05, 02:04 PM

I used to be an avid visitor of this site. Every chance I got I would
visit. As a new recumbent owner/rider I learned a lot from a lot of the
folks who used to post on this site. Sometimes it was confusing becuase
there were a lot of differing opionion on topics. But all of it was
very informative.

Then came the off topic post, political post, the intolerant post, et
al. I cut back and then eventually stopped. I now visit very
inferquently. There is just not much in the way of informative
recumbent discussions and I find other sites to be more informative and
interesting. I guess like life it self all things follow a cycle of
brith, growth, and then death.

As someone else has resmarked and if I remember correctly from one of
the few post of yours that I read. Ed, I think it was you who made your
self judge and jury and was committed to rid this site of all those you
saw unfit. Nice to see someone who is so closed minded. You fit right
in with this brave new narrow minded world we live in.

As the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for it might just come
true".

Oh and don't hurry to post a reply. If I do come back it probably won't
be for awhile and my interest will be gone by then.

Old May 4th 05, 05:56 PM
Rollensmoothe

Oh Sigh, my ass.
Hang in there at the bottom o the heap, Ed

On Tue, 3 May 2005 23:55:12 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

roups.com...