Knee pain from SPD pedals

Old July 1st 05, 02:33 PM
dgk

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:32:32 -0400, "David L. Johnson"
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:26:51 +0000, dgk wrote:

Two weeks after starting to use SPD pedals one of my knees is hurting
a bit. The only adjustment I know of (besides the release setting) is
to move the cleat either forward or backward, whichever of the two
sets of screws is not in use.

Rotation. need to get the rest position of your foot right, because even
with float there is a spring that centers the cleat. This caused me
problems when I used spds, but now that I use Speedplay Frogs, it's no
longer a problem.

They do look really nice. I'll look around for them.
Old July 2nd 05, 03:27 AM
Leo Lichtman

"dgk" wrote: They do look really nice. I'll look around for them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you have a chance to try Crank Brothers Eggbeaters, or any of the
variants, I think you will like them also. They are easy to click into,
hold firmly, unclick easily, and HAVE PLENTY OF ROTATIONAL FLOAT. With
those pedals, if I wanted to adjust the cleat angle, I wouldn't know how to
do it, because the float is so generous.

"Track" vs. "road" pedals (vintage) theory Tim McNamara Techniques 16 March 16th 05 03:47 PM
Knee creaking and upper calf muscle pain... FaHeL Racing 2 September 10th 04 02:19 PM
Painful knee ouch UK 44 October 14th 03 10:37 PM
Which pedals: nylon or metal? [email protected] General 15 September 2nd 03 04:04 AM
Which pedals: nylon or metal? [email protected] Social Issues 0 August 17th 03 06:18 PM