America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

Old January 10th 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Default America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

tholub;1167776 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the companies who spend billions on advertising
know more about what works than you do.

If they knew how to do it effectively, than why do they have to spend
so much money?

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old January 11th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Jeremy R;1168399 wrote:
If they knew how to do it effectively, than why do they have to spend so
much money?

Uh, because it's expensive to do effectively?

Still waiting for that list of major companies who are so effective
they don't need to do endorsements.

--
tholub
Old January 11th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Brian O.;1168393 wrote:

I think the advertising with big companies works more subliminally than
it does consciously. Though, I don't really see why companies such as
coke really need to advertise anything. Is anyone in the western world
not at least vaguely familiar with them?

Coke is the #1 brand in the world. Coca-cola has an enormous sales and
marketing budget (over $11 billion last year, on $29 billion revenue).
Do you really think that's just coincidence? Everyone is familiar with
Coke because they aggressively market themselves at every opportunity.

--
tholub
Old January 11th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

yeah... that's right. Just ignore me.

Dude, stop being mean. You're not as cool as you think.

EDIT: I seriously hope you don't have kids. Cause I'd feel REALLY sorry
for them.

You don't get to diss me just cause I might not be a brain-dead idiot
who buys whatever his or her television tells them to.
I wasn't dissing you.

I know you're not gonna apologize for being SO rude so I'm not even
gonna bother asking... you're parents didn't teach you much in the way
of manners.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-So hot! If I was gay, id want an aryan guy, but im not, so I
want a sexy aryan girl.-~Jerrick

-what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to see
him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni

-hinunggbinu!!!-
~JJtheunicycle
Old January 11th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Jackie, i'm going to +.5 you there. Theres some proof you are brain
dead.

edit: and tholub, Familiarize yourself with the word OXYMORON.

Old January 11th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Jackie talking about a persons kids is a real low blow. Unless you know
him in person and in his everyday life it is hard to say.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).
Help to keep JC all Billy, all the time. Do your part, resurrect and
use his threads. BTM FTW.
My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old January 11th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Yeah, I kinda just realized that...
I'm really sorry 'Lub.

But I'd still like a response from you.

Old January 11th 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Brian O.;1168393 wrote:
I think the advertising with big companies works more subliminally than
it does consciously. Though, I don't really see why companies such as
coke really need to advertise anything. Is anyone in the western world
not at least vaguely familiar with them?

I think its more about getting people to think of your drink before
anyothers, not having to question themselves about all the soft-drinks
they know and could get. Companies want to be number one, the most
relevant and know, that way people automatically grab a coke, not a
pepsi.

Old January 11th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167326 wrote:

But just for the record, I don't think sponsorships work.
Just cause Dan Heaton wear Columbia now, I'm not gonna start buying
their gear. It's still a silly, over-priced sportswear company to me.
I'm fine with my four year old windbreaker I got at Goodwill.

I think the companies realized this. Your probably not their target
audience, so of course it is not going to work for you. They are not
spending money to get people like you to buy their goods.

That said, I don't want unicycling to become super popular and sellout.