What's this left over part?

Old December 2nd 03, 06:59 PM
Carl Fogel

Default What's this left over part?

Werehatrack wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:59:53 -0500, Rick Onanian
may have said:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:07:06 +0000, Zog The Undeniable
wrote:
Dave wrote:
at: http://members.cox.net/kprdave/wazzit.jpg

It's the flux capacitor drive plate, and without it the bike will be
limited to Warp 6 or slower.

No, it's the _inverse_flux_capacitor_ drive plate. Without it, you
can only travel _backwards_ in time.

That's the part on the right. The one on the left is the microfusion
torus plasma injector nozzle, without which the fusion generator will
not be able to operate.

Dear Werehatrack and others,

This is rec.bicycles.tech, not some foolish
sci-fi thread. If you can't connect the picture
to bicycling or the Simpsons, there's no excuse
for such frivolity.

I propose that all of you stop the silliness
and and address the obvious technical questions:
which of the two parts is more difficult to
machine, which consists of more raw material,
and which is worth more.

Kang & Kodos
Old December 3rd 03, 03:44 PM
Harris

A Muzi wrote:
It's a sleeve which goes under the head of the screw that
attaches your nylon gear wire guide to the bottom of the
bicycle.

Aha! I had one of those left over too. My cable guides are brazed on, but
I always wondered what that sleeve was for. Of course, I never throw
anything away, so it's still in my misc junk box. I didn't get the penny
though. :-(

Art Harris
Old December 5th 03, 05:43 PM
dvt

Carl Fogel wrote:
I propose that all of you stop the silliness
and and...

Waitwaitwaitwait a minute! Carl Fogel and g. daniels are the same
person! I've seen the light!

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Old December 6th 03, 12:53 AM
carlfogel

Dvt wrote:
Carl Fogel wrote:
I propose that all of you stop the silliness and and...

Waitwaitwaitwait a minute! Carl Fogel and g. daniels are the same
person! I've seen the light!
Dave dvt at psu dot edu

Deardear DaveDave,

Touché! Touché!