Schwinn Voyager II

Old December 1st 03, 08:14 PM
Stafengr

Default Schwinn Voyager II

I found a beautiful Schwinn Voyager II & I haven't found much information on
it. It is fitted with the following Schwinn approved items:

Dura-Ace Crank & Chain rings
DiaComp center pull brakes & levers
Bat wing handle bars
Bar end shifters
Bronze colored freewheel gears with the larger gears having a skip link tooth
pattern
LeTour long cage rear derailer
4130 steel tubing frame
Micro adjust rear drop outs
Beautiful chrome tubing stays
Aluminum Wheels
Brand New 27x1" tires & tubes

Does anyone have any input?
Old December 3rd 03, 05:25 PM
Frank & Joni Knox

"Stafengr" wrote in message
I found a beautiful Schwinn Voyager II & I haven't found much information

on
it. It is fitted with the following Schwinn approved items:

Dura-Ace Crank & Chain rings
DiaComp center pull brakes & levers
Bat wing handle bars
Bar end shifters
Bronze colored freewheel gears with the larger gears having a skip link

tooth
pattern
LeTour long cage rear derailer
4130 steel tubing frame
Micro adjust rear drop outs
Beautiful chrome tubing stays
Aluminum Wheels
Brand New 27x1" tires & tubes

Does anyone have any input?

My uncle has one he bought new more than 25 years ago. He has more modern
bikes, but claims the voyager is the most comfortable bike he has ever
owned. He still uses it for loaded touring and rain rides.

Old December 3rd 03, 09:08 PM
A Muzi

"Stafengr" wrote in message
I found a beautiful Schwinn Voyager II & I haven't found much information
on it. It is fitted with the following Schwinn approved items:

-snip-

Frank & Joni Knox wrote:
My uncle has one he bought new more than 25 years ago. He has more modern
bikes, but claims the voyager is the most comfortable bike he has ever
owned. He still uses it for loaded touring and rain rides.

Built by Panasonic for Schwinn:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/pana.html
At the bottom of the page is a note to Panasonic owners that
may relate to the OP.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old December 6th 03, 06:51 AM
kerk

The World Voyager was only produced one year. It sold in 1973 give or
take a few months. The Schwinn Voyageur II was created so the price
could be raised with the hopes that some of the people looking at the
Voyageurs would purchase a Paramount instead. The World Voyageur and the
Schwinn Voyageur II are almost identical. The World was made in frame
sizes 21" and 23" and came in blue, orange or yellow. The Voyageur II
version came in 23" and 25" frames and came in red and silver.

This website can help clear up some of the mystery.

http://www.geocities.com/sldatabook/models.html

btw - I have an orange World Voyageur AND a blue World Voyageur!