Infringement of basic human rights

Old December 30th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Infringement of basic human rights

What took them so long? A new report favours speed limiters for cars:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/de...ed-limiter-car

But it is immediately castrated:-
"The devices would be voluntary and should have a manual override
feature for overtaking, the groups said."

Safe Speed said that it would make motorists as dozy as lorry-drivers.

A uk.politics.misc poster said:-
"The latest idiotic idea from New Liebour to steal money from
motorists is
to install satellite systems to have automatic car speed limiters,
which
by pure coincidence would be perfect for tracking drivers at the same
time, the New Liebour tracking wet dream."

And a poster on uk.transport put the tinhat on it with:-
"As this has been debated and found to be highly flawed in the past
its
not of much use.
However I wonder if it would make more sense for bikes. Given how
many gears so many of them are sold with perhaps a limitor on a bike
would help save lives?"

Don't sell your speed camera company shares just yet.
Old December 30th 08, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

Squashme writes:

And a poster on uk.transport put the tinhat on it with:-
"As this has been debated and found to be highly flawed in the past
its
not of much use.
However I wonder if it would make more sense for bikes. Given how
many gears so many of them are sold with perhaps a limitor on a bike
would help save lives?"

Pedal cycles or motorcycles? I don't think many motorbikes have more
than about six gears, do they?

Having a speed limiter cut in while leant over half way around a corner
doesn't sound like a safety feature, in either case.

-dan
Old December 30th 08, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 30 Dec, 23:29, Daniel Barlow wrote:
Squashme writes:
And a poster on uk.transport put the tinhat on it with:-
"As this has been debated and found to be highly flawed in the past
its
not of much use.
However I wonder if it would make more sense for bikes. Given how
many gears so many of them are sold with perhaps a limitor on a bike
would help save lives?"

Pedal cycles or motorcycles? I don't think many motorbikes have more
than about six gears, do they?

Having a speed limiter cut in while leant over half way around a corner
doesn't sound like a safety feature, in either case.

-dan

I thought that he meant bicycles. They don't all like cyclists over
there, for some reason or another. I think that they believe that we
may crawl up their trunks and suffocate them.
Old December 31st 08, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:23:31 -0800 (PST), Squashme
said in
:

Safe Speed said that it would make motorists as dozy as lorry-drivers.

That would be a definite improvement,being only as dozy as a lorry
driver. If only it would also make them as highly-trained and
subject to breaks to reduce the risk of falling asleep at the wheel.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old December 31st 08, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

On 31 Dec, 10:39, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
That would be a definite improvement,being only as dozy as a lorry
driver. *If only it would also make them as highly-trained and
subject to breaks to reduce the risk of falling asleep at the wheel.

Although the general standard of car driving in the UK is poor I think
the proportion of drivers who are a serious problem is quite low.
Unfortunately as there is a huge number of people driving we're bound
to encounter one or two really bad ones almost every day.

--
Dave...
Old December 31st 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article
,

wrote:
That would be a definite improvement,being only as dozy as a lorry
driver. *If only it would also make them as highly-trained and
subject to breaks to reduce the risk of falling asleep at the wheel.

Although the general standard of car driving in the UK is poor I think
the proportion of drivers who are a serious problem is quite low.
Unfortunately as there is a huge number of people driving we're bound
to encounter one or two really bad ones almost every day.

Actually, it's excellent, based on my experience in many other countries.
Old January 1st 09, 01:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

wrote in message
In article
,

wrote:
That would be a definite improvement,being only as dozy as a lorry
driver. If only it would also make them as highly-trained and
subject to breaks to reduce the risk of falling asleep at the wheel.

Although the general standard of car driving in the UK is poor I think
the proportion of drivers who are a serious problem is quite low.
Unfortunately as there is a huge number of people driving we're bound
to encounter one or two really bad ones almost every day.

Actually, it's excellent, based on my experience in many other countries.

What's your opinion of Italian motorists?

Old January 1st 09, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 31 Dec 2008, 12:09, "Gizmo." wrote:
"doug" wrote in message

On Dec 30, 11:23 pm, Squashme wrote:

Squashme has a lot in common with you Doug. Twisted, useless, sub-educated,
vile ****s

Why are you having a go at doug? Do you dislike everyone called Doug?

BTW, to stop people killing other people by imposing speed limiters is
not an 'Infringement of basic human rights'. The infringement of those
rights is by people who drive so dangerously, i.e. exceed speed
limits, so as to put lives in danger. The right to life is a
fundamental human right. Unfortunately the law does not seem to
recognise this properly when killer motorists are given a typical slap
on the wrist

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old January 1st 09, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

"doug" wrote in message

On Dec 30, 11:23 pm, Squashme wrote:

Squashme has a lot in common with you Doug. Twisted, useless, sub-educated,
vile ****s

Why are you having a go at doug? Do you dislike everyone called Doug?

BTW, to stop people killing other people by imposing speed limiters is
not an 'Infringement of basic human rights'. The infringement of those
rights is by people who drive so dangerously, i.e. exceed speed
limits, so as to put lives in danger. The right to life is a
fundamental human right. Unfortunately the law does not seem to
recognise this properly when killer motorists are given a typical slap
on the wrist

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

If you tell a lie enough times.....

--
Tony the Dragon
Old January 1st 09, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_5_]

"doug" wrote in message

On Dec 30, 11:23 pm, Squashme wrote:

Squashme has a lot in common with you Doug. Twisted, useless,
sub-educated, vile ****s

Why are you having a go at doug? Do you dislike everyone called Doug?

BTW, to stop people killing other people by imposing speed limiters is
not an 'Infringement of basic human rights'. The infringement of those
rights is by people who drive so dangerously, i.e. exceed speed
limits, so as to put lives in danger. The right to life is a
fundamental human right. Unfortunately the law does not seem to
recognise this properly when killer motorists are given a typical slap
on the wrist

Why do you keep deluding yourself Doug?

Israeli settlers stone human rights workers in Hebron [email protected] Australia 4 September 28th 06 02:21 PM
Act right away for your rights of way! Alastair UK 8 September 30th 05 05:07 PM
UK Rights of Way - Lobby your MP to Open Up More Rights of Way Paul King Mountain Biking 0 September 29th 05 08:33 PM
traffic infringement reich17 Australia 3 January 11th 05 10:57 PM
Another Addition to My "Required Reading for the Entire Planet": _Significant Others -- The Ape-Human Continuum and the Quest for Human Nature_ Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 8 April 11th 04 12:13 PM