RR: In the SS Mood

Old March 14th 05, 11:50 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: In the SS Mood

Sunday was a beautiful day here in Philadelphia. Sun was bright and warm
which made the 36F temperature feel a lot warmer. I brought the SS with
me to Pennypack park for the JAR ride, mostly because it's a great place
for it (no long steep climbs or long steep descents). PP is becoming a
Philly favorite for me because it is cleaner than Wissahickon and not as
beat up. Lot's of fellow JAR folk showed up and a couple of new members
as well.

John T. lead us through mostly singletrack for about 13 miles. I was
glad that there was another SS there to share my pain although I only
had to push it a couple of times due to mud taking away the traction. I
really noticed all the geared grinding noises this time as I went on my
merry way without bother. I found myself having to set some distance
from the rider in front so that I could get some speed before hitting
the climb. The reward was being on their tire at the top while they
fumbled to shift again.

I have to admit, singlespeeds are a lot of fun!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws