Solution for Impossible to Find Gran Compe 450 centerpull brake Straddle Cables

Old February 5th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary Jacobson

Default Solution for Impossible to Find Gran Compe 450 centerpull brake Straddle Cables

I figure that for the record I'd post this so that a solution I developed
for fashioning a straddle cable for Gran Compe 450 centerpull brakes can be
used by others. That brake uses a virtually unobtainable ca. 105 mm.
straddle cable with cable ends on both ends like those on a Campy ergo shift
cable.. My soultion was to use Avid Tri-Dangle straddle cable carriers and
cinch down the cables of two used Campy Ergo shift cables. All you need are
those Tri-Dangles and four Ergo cablesand you're set to go.(Or stop

Hope this helps some one out there.

Gary Jacobson
Rosnedale, NY

How to mount Old Weinmann centerpull brake pads "Toe-in" ddog Techniques 15 January 5th 07 02:24 PM
Mafac straddle cables Mike Jacoubowsky Techniques 9 January 18th 05 06:40 AM
straddle cables Nick Techniques 6 October 29th 04 06:19 PM
Can't find Gore Ride On shift cables anymore Angela Olson Off Road 1 April 14th 04 03:01 PM
Can't find Gore Ride On shift cables anymore Angela Olson Marketplace 3 April 1st 04 03:44 AM