Paris Roubaix on VS?

Old March 25th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Gordo

Default Paris Roubaix on VS?

I just checked http://www.versus.com/cyclysm#schedule and no sign of
Paris-Roubaix on April 13th, the day of the race. The only listing I
could find was April 20th from 4-6, a full week after the event.
Anyone know if this is a mistake on their website?
Old March 25th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

On Mar 25, 11:08 am, Scott Gordo wrote:
I just checkedhttp://www.versus.com/cyclysm#scheduleand no sign of
Paris-Roubaix on April 13th, the day of the race. The only listing I
could find was April 20th from 4-6, a full week after the event.
Anyone know if this is a mistake on their website?

Doubt it. They went from many hours of live coverage (years ago) to
tape delay and a highly edited show. That totally killed the drama &
excitment of watching it. OLN/VS doesn't seem to care about showing a
most interesting 1 day race in a great format so who cares if its the
same day or a week later. That gives them a week to edit. IMO, the
full live coverage was the peak of tv coverage of bike racing, it's
been all downhill since.

Old March 25th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Mar 25, 1:13*pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:08 am, Scott Gordo wrote:

I just checkedhttp://www.versus.com/cyclysm#scheduleandno sign of
Paris-Roubaix on April 13th, the day of the race. The only listing I
could find was April 20th from 4-6, a full week after the event.
Anyone know if this is a mistake on their website?

Doubt it. *They went from many hours of live coverage (years ago) to
tape delay and a highly edited show. *That totally killed the drama &
excitment of watching it. OLN/VS doesn't seem to care about showing a
most interesting 1 day race in a great format so who cares if its the
same day or a week later. *That gives them a week to edit. IMO, the
full live coverage was the peak of tv coverage of bike racing, it's
been all downhill since.

ohh poor baby! 30 years ago GP print reports were impossible.
consider the live coverage costs, it's staggering. Why it takes the
french state to pull it down.
Convince the french state P-R live is in the state's best interests
and urine
Old March 25th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

datakoll wrote:

On Mar 25, 1:13 pm, "
wrote:

[...]

Asspipe,

Paris Roubaix does have LIVE coverage on Eurosport. The fact that
Versus doesn't want to pay for the rights to broadcast live coverage is
not something the "french state" can change.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old March 25th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

thanks for the answer!!

know what coverage would cost versus?

i thought maybe the broadcsaters couldn't same day or live figure it
out.
a benefit of the delay fersure.

the state could subsidize
Old March 25th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Gordo

On Mar 25, 2:51*pm, datakoll wrote:
thanks for the answer!!

know what coverage would cost versus?

i thought maybe the broadcsaters couldn't same day or live figure it
out.
a benefit of the delay fersure.

the state could subsidize

So, okay, if I have access to Eurosport I should be able to watch the
race live? I'm not TV savvy, is that possible in NYC if you had a dish?
Old March 25th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Paris Roubaix on VS? french pick winner=french tv subsidy

On Mar 25, 3:08*pm, Scott Gordo wrote:
On Mar 25, 2:51*pm, datakoll wrote:

thanks for the answer!!

know what coverage would cost versus?

i thought maybe the broadcsaters couldn't same day or live figure it
out.
a benefit of the delay fersure.

the state could subsidize

So, okay, if I have access to Eurosport I should be able to watch the
race live? I'm not TV savvy, is that possible in NYC if you had a dish?

is this possible? I dunno. once upon this was possible with a large
dish today more likley your system needs their code, right? that's
definilty a seacrhable topic.

as for the french state subsidy: if the french state picks the winner
then I say let them subsidize
Old March 25th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

datakoll wrote:

thanks for the answer!!

know what coverage would cost versus?

i thought maybe the broadcsaters couldn't same day or live figure it
out.
a benefit of the delay fersure.

the state could subsidize

I don't know what the costs are to Versus...probably several hundred
thousand dollars I would imagine.

But I do know that one of the reasons ASO didn't want anything to do
with the Pro Tour was because the UCI slipped in the fine print a rule
that would give the UCI the TV rights to all Pro Tour events.

Magilla
Old March 25th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Scott Gordo wrote:

On Mar 25, 2:51 pm, datakoll wrote:

thanks for the answer!!

know what coverage would cost versus?

i thought maybe the broadcsaters couldn't same day or live figure it
out.
a benefit of the delay fersure.

the state could subsidize

So, okay, if I have access to Eurosport I should be able to watch the
race live? I'm not TV savvy, is that possible in NYC if you had a dish?

Yes, you should get Paris Roubaix live on Eurosport.

Magilla

Paris Roubaix SBS a5hi5m Australia 18 April 17th 06 10:44 AM
Paris-Roubaix map? Bob Martin Racing 5 March 31st 06 12:50 AM
Paris Roubaix Simon Brooke UK 5 April 19th 05 03:53 PM
paris roubaix Rick Roof Racing 8 January 15th 05 03:56 AM
paris roubaix curt Racing 0 March 12th 04 04:13 PM