Republicans and other *******s are trying to slow you down

Old November 30th 10, 04:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dgk

Default Republicans and other *******s are trying to slow you down

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:44:33 -0500, Forrest Hodge
wrote:

On 11/29/2010 4:27 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
backyard philosopher wrote:
On Nov 29, 4:01 pm, Forrest wrote:
On 11/29/2010 11:20 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average

backyard philosopher wrote:
On Nov 29, 10:17 am, wrote:
On 11/29/2010 9:21 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
backyard philosopher wrote:

One solution is to get folding bike.

Can't get a basket on those

Sorry, I missed this comment which is tied up to the sidewalks.

The folding bike not only can take a basket it already comes with
rack! That would be the ONLY bicycle I'd allow on sidewalks. The other
*******s will get their bicycles impounded. I'd wouldn't worry about
tickets.

This is a gem of simplicity and comfort...

http://www.bikesarecool.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=397

Let the Republicans die of envy!

My 400 HP sport/muscle car isn't envious of a folding bicycle.

Well, some day I invite to a Triathlon where one of the events is to
take the vehicle in the subway.

No subways where I live, and even there were, I don't care for public
transportation. I prefer not being at the mercy of bus/subway schedule.

Good, and we're spending a trillion dollars to make sure that the oil
necessary for ****heads like you remains available.
Old November 30th 10, 06:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Nov 29, 10:17 am, * wrote:
[...]

And then borrow that money and get the nation into debt, not knowing
where to tax --least of all the "sacred cow"... tax gasoline.
Old December 1st 10, 01:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

wrote:

No subways where I live, and even there were, I don't care for public
transportation. I prefer not being at the mercy of bus/subway schedule.

Good, and we're spending a trillion dollars to make sure that the oil
necessary for ****heads like you remains available.

Your trillion dollars is at least an order of magnitude too low.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 1st 10, 02:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

wrote:

No subways where I live, and even there were, I don't care for public
transportation. I prefer not being at the mercy of bus/subway schedule..

Good, and we're spending a trillion dollars to make sure that the oil
necessary for ****heads like you remains available.

Your trillion dollars is at least an order of magnitude too low.

Let's say it's been a zillion square.

Old December 1st 10, 03:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Forrest Hodge

On Nov 29, 10:17 am, wrote:
[...]

****heads like me? Care to elaborate or is your argument simply limited
to name calling?
Old December 1st 10, 03:16 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Nov 30, 8:37 pm, "Jane_Galt" wrote:
dr_jeff wrote :

Shutting off 3 TVs, 3 VCRs and 2 Amplifiers would save about $20 per
month. That's around 150 kWH. This is for doing a little thing that has
no change on the quality of life. And, it saves more money in the
summer, because the A/C is not needed to pump the heat generated by the
electronics. I regularly shut off my internet box, router and laptop
when I go to bed or leave for work.

So by just using power strips, you can save $240 per year. And, no
negative consequences.

Hogwash, it would take time, which costs part of our lives.

Just go away, enviro-nazi.

I'm thinking of increasing my carbon footprint because of people like you.

--
- Jane Galt

By taxing, borrowing and wasting money that the tax slaves must be forced to
pay back, Government does NOT "create jobs", it NEVER HAS. It actually
consumes and destroys the wealth that the private sector, which really DOES
create jobs, could be using to do so!

I think the Republicans/Christians/Rand-ians are doing an awesome job
at destroying the environment, but, of course, you can do worse.

I suggest we open our National Parks to SUVs and hunters.

Old December 1st 10, 01:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Opus[_2_]

On Nov 30, 8:02*pm, Forrest Hodge wrote:
snip
My 400 HP sport/muscle car isn't envious of a folding bicycle.

Well, some day I invite to a Triathlon where one of the events is to
take the vehicle in the subway.

No subways where I live, and even there were, I don't care for public
transportation. I prefer not being at the mercy of bus/subway schedule..

Good, and we're spending a trillion dollars to make sure that the oil
necessary for ****heads like you remains available.

****heads like me? Care to elaborate or is your argument simply limited
to name calling?

People that drive vehicles with a decimal order of magnitude more
power than they need to move their butts with fossil fuels, because
they haven't learned to use public transportation and refuse to ride a
bicycle to move their butts using their butts. Is that elaborate
enough for you?

And just to be precise, the war in Iraq cost a billion dollars a DAY
for 6 years, do the math. That doesn't even begin to tackle the cost
of the war in Afghanistan, and both of those wars were "off-budget"
items during the Bush administration, roughly $3 trillion added to the
deficit that wasn't even counted until 2008.
Old December 1st 10, 02:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

Default Ed Dolan the Great tells it like it is

"Opus" wrote in message
On Nov 30, 8:02 pm, Forrest Hodge wrote:
[...]
****heads like me? Care to elaborate or is your argument simply limited
to name calling?

People that drive vehicles with a decimal order of magnitude more

power than they need to move their butts with fossil fuels, because
they haven't learned to use public transportation and refuse to ride a
bicycle to move their butts using their butts. Is that elaborate
enough for you?

Agree!

And just to be precise, the war in Iraq cost a billion dollars a DAY

for 6 years, do the math. That doesn't even begin to tackle the cost
of the war in Afghanistan, and both of those wars were "off-budget"
items during the Bush administration, roughly $3 trillion added to the
deficit that wasn't even counted until 2008.

Those wars cost a pittance. What a bargain! I believe we should always
employ our military somewhere in the world since ass always needs to be
kicked. Right now it is Muslim ass that needs to be kicked but that could
change in the near future. Who knows, we may soon have to kick North Korean
ass and maybe even Chinese ass. We should already have leveled Iran with
nuclear weapons, but we presently have a wimp in the White House who does
not know his ass from a hole in the ground.

The main thing is to keep our ass kicking ability up to par. We do not want
our military sitting in barracks at home, getting drunk and raising hell
with civilians. Nay, it is far better that they be gainfully employed abroad
slaughtering our enemies.

But if you want peace and quiet, why not move to Costa Rica. I prefer the
American Empire myself.

Thus spake Zarathustra.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 1st 10, 03:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

(I do a collage trying to fix Ed's clumsiness. The stupid stuff is
his)

On Dec 1, 8:43 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Those wars cost a pittance. What a bargain! I believe we should always
employ our military somewhere in the world since ass always needs to be
kicked. Right now it is Muslim ass that needs to be kicked but that could
change in the near future. Who knows, we may soon have to kick North Korean
ass and maybe even Chinese ass. We should already have leveled Iran with
nuclear weapons, but we presently have a wimp in the White House who does
not know his ass from a hole in the ground.

The main thing is to keep our ass kicking ability up to par. We do not want
our military sitting in barracks at home, getting drunk and raising hell
with civilians. Nay, it is far better that they be gainfully employed abroad
slaughtering our enemies.

But if you want peace and quiet, why not move to Costa Rica. I prefer the
American Empire myself.

I think you are clown, but an evil clown...

http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/evil-clown-costume.jpg

The sooner America applies your philosophy, the sooner everything will
be over. No long agonizing over climate change, just cataclysmic event
leading to the extinction of the species, and thus the New Kingdom
will take over.

This kingdom will be populated by rats and roaches.
Old December 1st 10, 05:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

Default Does TM have a brain?

wrote in message
[...]

Well, it will not be populated by you or your progeny because Saint Edward
the Great is going to ensure that at least one atom bomb gets dropped right
on your head. If it takes out all of Florida, it will be no loss to the
world. The whole damn state is nothing but a sand bar anyway.