Bike E worth

Old June 27th 03, 07:28 PM
Please invert everything left of the @ to reply

Default Bike E worth

On 27 Jun 2003 14:40:42 GMT, (DrRecumbnt) wrote:

For you folks who love your RX's, buy some spare parts while they're available.
Bob Bryant
http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

There's nothing on the page you link to which clearly refers to the issue
you raise. Would you please be more specific?

--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.
Old June 27th 03, 08:44 PM
R.White

bentcruiser wrote in message ...
Gsquared wrote:
Anybody give me an idea what a brand new (demo model) BikeE RX recumbent
might be worth?

The worth is offset by the fact the company closed. This is good news if
you are a buyer. Bad news if you are a seller.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Since BikeE's demise, it is not unusual to see them for $650 to $900. Do
a search in http://www.google.comGoogle for "BikeE RX for sale". This
will give you an idea.

That's what I thought too. CT's were regularly selling for $300-$340
on EBay, yet the last one sold went for $740! What's up with that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3612609560&category=29 04

Old June 28th 03, 05:42 AM
Ken Kobayashi

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:28:11 -0700, "Please invert everything left of
the @ to reply" wrote:
On 27 Jun 2003 14:40:42 GMT, (DrRecumbnt) wrote:

For you folks who love your RX's, buy some spare parts while they're available.
Bob Bryant
http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

There's nothing on the page you link to which clearly refers to the issue
you raise. Would you please be more specific?

The link is Bob's web page and part of his "signature," not specific
to this post.

Ken Kobayashi

http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/

Old June 28th 03, 11:57 PM
DrRecumbnt

I've written about BikeE in several issues since the company went under. I
wrote a review of the RX after my using it as my full time bike for one season.
We also have discussed who has replacement parts on more than one occasion.

The bike has many proprietary parts. If it were me, I'd want one of every known
weak point if I were planning to keep my RX for years. The exception might be
the crank/mid-drive which would be replaced by a Schlumpf or SRAM Dual Drive,
and you could even lighten the bike by removing the mid-drive.

RCN is a print magazine. We have many free sample issues and articles on the
web. The fact remains that we're a print publication (have been since 1990) and
80% of our revenue comes from subscribers.

My signature includes our website URL link. Sorry I don't have any articles
about spare parts readily available. This is on my list of articles to write.
We did this for the Trek recumbent when it went out of production.

Old June 28th 03, 11:57 PM
DrRecumbnt

[...]

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Techniques 0 June 1st 04 04:54 AM
Comfort Bike ???? Mattearoadie Techniques 7 May 25th 04 01:06 AM
Bike facility funding, was: Cincy - $350M to fix I-75 The Danimal Social Issues 11 December 27th 03 02:55 PM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
Best Way to Travel with a Bike on an Airplane F1 General 5 August 14th 03 10:39 PM