Exact size of 700x38C

Old March 7th 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Exact size of 700x38C

31'

one tire revolution per 1000'

I remember clearly riding up riding up watching the display go to one mile an easing up to ONE MILE there was a white paint mark....I've forgotten an accurate recall of how many white mile marks were there....5 ? trip into town is 9-11 miles all on a smooth but sharply grained asphalt path.

The tire circumference method was pump to spec - mark tire -roll once - mark road - repeat 3 times

I'm looking at a CDT trip from lower CO to MX with off course GPS. Luv muh GPS.

There are folk disdain GPS going with paper maps and I assume cyclometer. A more involved game. I read Burch on kayak navigation...Burch teaches hand span measurement and kamal....a good quick read...then check the GPS.

With the trail wonder how wheel slip affects cyclometer readings esp in slippery road conditions or when to log mileage...I guess that's why the cyclo has more than one OD readout...one total, one from the last correct turn.