May Need to Institute a Photography Ban on My Commute Bicycle

Old March 9th 14, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default May Need to Institute a Photography Ban on My Commute Bicycle

This morning I rode over to the local Electronics Flea Market
http://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/ as I do every month when it occurs.

I always get comments and questions about my lighting but now people are
asking if they can photograph my bicycle so they can remember how to
duplicate some of the stuff on there.

Two people asked me about the light bracket (fabricated from two conduit
clamps, some heat-shrink tubing, and a nut& bolt). One seller said that
she used to sell the same kind of USB rechargeable, 360 degree rear LED
light I am using http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GAXXUU.

Of course there were questions on where to buy the 500 lumen, spot to
flood, four mode front light
http://www.costco.com/Feit-Electric-500-Lumen-Flashlight-3-pack.product.100049686.html.

Next month I may make up some half-page fliers with all the information.

Later in the day we rode to Shallow Alto for lunch, about 18 miles each
way. I'd say that the percentage of riders with daytime flashers is up
to about 40% for recreational riders, and my 500 "Chilumen"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chilumen light was by
no means the brightest flasher. Saw one of the Bay Area Bike Share
bicycles and they all come with front flashers.
Old March 9th 14, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

so where's the photo Kate ?

Old March 9th 14, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 9:20:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
so where's the photo Kate ?

a rpt so yawl read it

eyahahaha....solved a prob with Grainger's liquid tape red...

incroyable.

broken USB wire at charger nipple.....

cut nipple with new razor at seam down center of double wire....separated wires...stripped 3/16ths upper side break of insulation half off ie just partial...

leaving core intact

then laid in copper wire inserting one end down into into nipple body against break...upper side twisted new wire segment over exposed wire and remaining insulation there...

plugged unit into ac...it works !!!

then with unit running covered surfaces with a liberal glob of liquid tape over wire n down over nipple for support.

with unit running, sat in hot sun with battery/Mifi charging under cover 6" away. cures in 3 hours, noodor in enclosed space tonight with a winter chill.

damn proprietary signal equipped chargers are outrageous$

assume this splice n liquid tape works with eg earphones so yawl read it...

Old March 9th 14, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:48:47 -0800, sms
wrote:

I always get comments and questions about my lighting but now people are
asking if they can photograph my bicycle so they can remember how to
duplicate some of the stuff on there.

Print a handbill featuring a photograph of your machine and hand them
out. Include sources, prices, links, and construction details around
the periphery of the photo. On the back, provide a price list and
ordering info for things you are selling or representing. Charge 25
cents to cover the printing costs or $1 for an autographed copy. A
business card with your URL on it would probably suffice, but you
can't easily charge for that. Whatever you do, don't sign a photo
copyright release.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old March 9th 14, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

WHEN I SEE AN 'AERVOE' IN AMAZON, I ASK 'WHY AMAZON' ? WY NOT EG DOLLAR GENERAL OR BELL BRAND IN WALMORT ? if the object is ponly in 'amazon' then it lacks sufficient quality to survive on the open market.

the wire splice is more windable with a groove for the sliding wire filed into needle nose plier tips with the handle shut tight with 3M 33 ELECTRICAL TAPE stretched tight....

Old March 9th 14, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 11:23:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
WHEN I SEE AN 'AERVOE' IN AMAZON, I ASK 'WHY AMAZON' ? WY NOT EG DOLLAR GENERAL OR BELL BRAND IN WALMORT ? if the object is ponly in 'amazon' then it lacks sufficient quality to survive on the open market.

the wire splice is more windable with a groove for the sliding wire filed into needle nose plier tips with the handle shut tight with 3M 33 ELECTRICAL TAPE stretched tight....

814 814 814 ?

http://goo.gl/YxYDmD

Old March 9th 14, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:48:47 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:

.... more of the "guerrilla marketing" he brags about on his website.

And I guessed what it was from the thread topic, before I even saw
who had posted it.

- Frank Krygowski
Old March 9th 14, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 5:33:05 AM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:48:47 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:

... more of the "guerrilla marketing" he brags about on his website.

And I guessed what it was from the thread topic, before I even saw

who had posted it.

- Frank Krygowski

I don't Scharfie any better than you do, Franki-boy, but do you have to make the entire bloody conference unpleasant by telling us every five minutes that you hate him? We heard you the first ten thousand times, dickhead.

Andre Jute
Old March 9th 14, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/reSsby
Old March 9th 14, 12:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:33:05 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:48:47 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:

... more of the "guerrilla marketing" he brags about on his website.

And I guessed what it was from the thread topic, before I even saw
who had posted it.

- Frank Krygowski

Aw Frank, you're just jealous that nobody wants to photograph your
bicycle :-)

Think of it.
Folks clustering around; people with gigantic camera lenses pushing
and shoving to be in the front of the crowd; blokes squirming between
the spectators trying to see what is going on; fights breaking out;
the arrival of the riot squad; arrests; cameras impounded; cries of
pain, screams of anguish.

To photograph a Chinese made bicycle light :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.

Some sense (at last) from the Institute of Advanced Motorists Tom Crispin UK 9 August 30th 09 12:02 PM
It's Time to Re-Institute the Draft! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 5 November 1st 07 01:13 AM
It's Time to Re-Institute the Draft! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 5 November 1st 07 01:13 AM
first commute by bicycle Adam Lea UK 93 April 12th 06 09:40 AM
Institute of Advanced Speeders Tony Raven UK 6 December 24th 04 03:29 PM