Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Old March 24th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Ok, i agree too, it looks like it will be infront of city hall. If you
are going to come, could you please send me an email:
eevench[at]gmail[dot]com. That would be good . Um, it might be cold,
like hecklar said, but it probably wont rain

It should be good shall we stay at the city hall or move around? I
think that its probably a good idea to bring some supplies incase we
need them, so im willing to put some stuff into a backpack. Some safety
stuff is probably a good idea.

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old March 24th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Looks good to me but we'll only be getting into Ottawa around 1:30 or
so... I don't know how far from the park you guys will stray.

--
Victory
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

Old March 24th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Karl, Devon and I will be there. And maybe Thomas and Charlie if they
decide to come.

It'll be an awesome day for riding. I don't know what you guys are
talking about regarding it being cold. Compared to the last few months
it will be like summer!

I'm sure we'll be moving around to other areas downtown, as there isn't
really that much at City Hall to ride on.

See you Sunday!

Jason Allemann

'Creaky Wheel Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/creakywheel)
'True Dimensions' (http://www.truedimensions.com)
Jason Allemann's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3702

Old March 24th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

You lucky guy's. I wish I was able to attend, airfare to Canada...

Mike

--
swarbrim

add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old March 24th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

darn that would have been sweet if me and beener could have came but all
modes of transport are in the shop. i possibly am coming in on the 8th
of april.... is this going to be a weekly thing?

--
hagbag14

It's almost so fun it endanger's my health!
hagbag14's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11068

Old March 24th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah, you guys must not ride in the winter... but 3 degrees is like a
heat wave!! woohoo.
I just got back from a ride, and it looks like everything is drying
off. This will be the best trials (outdoors) you'll have ridden since
the fall! I'm getting kinda stoked for this ride now, see you all
there!

-Ryan

--
m_extreme_uni

"Yeah, Gravity is bad" Leo Kottke
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

Old March 24th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I suggest that we locals all meet at City Hall at noon. From there we
can head to campus for 2 hours, and then meet the foreigners back at
City Hall at 2pm on our way downtown. If 2 hours is too long for
campus, then we can meet at 1pm instead of noon, and only ride for an
hour before meeting the other kids.

Meh?

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old March 25th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hecklar, that sounds good. Im not sure what kind of stuff there is to
ride on at the campus, seeing as I haven't been there since summer. It
looks like we are going to have a lot of people. Yay! Im probably going
to be the worst on there, but meh.

Could this be a weekly thing? Sure, if people are going to show up
every week then it could very well be a weekly thing. I think I can
make it on the 8th, but lets take it one week at a time.

And yeah, after riding in -10 weather, 3 is warm

Old March 25th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Um, the exact same things that were there in the summer are there now.
haha. I guess you mean that since you may not have been good enough to
ride anything, you never bothered to look in the summer. That's how it
always is for me too. As soon as i get better, i suddenly recognize
new things that i've seen a million times before. Don't worry though,
campus has everything for every level of rider. I've been riding there
since my first week. It has everything from curbs to 6 sets (and 15
sets). It has cement benches, ledges, skinnies, posts, gaps, etc. I
suck and Ryan is Ryan, and we can both ride there, so clearly there's
something for everyone.

Don't worry about sucking. I'm pretty lame too. I'm sure you'll get
some pretty good laughs watching me suck. It's Ryan and Jason that you
have to worry about.

This could be a weekly thing for me, Ryan, and you, since Ryan livs on
campus and i liv on Rideau St., but i doubt that the rest of them will
want to hike downtown from Nepean all the time... at least they haven't
seemed to want to in the past. It would be cool for it to be a weekly
thing, though.

Actually, tomorrow is said to have a high of 7oC now, with variable
cloudiness. That's sounding a lot better. I'm stoked. Maybe i'll go
out today too.

If you're going to be coming downtown to ride all the time, and you
have MSN, then please PM your contact to me. It'll be easier that way.

Old March 25th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Final plan:
Meet at city hall: 12:00
Ride around city hall till: 12:15
Go to campus... Back to city hall at: 1:30(ish)
Pick up whoever couldn't make it for 12:00...
Decide where to ride for the rest of the day (not too far from city
hall) Of course, we can move around a bit depending on what people want
to do.

If anyone wants my cell number, PM me. I will give Victory my number
just incase.

So, show up at city hall at 12:00 or 1:30, or try and find the guys on
unis ! I think that parking should be free on Sunday. Which is a
very good thing for the people driving .

Anyone have any revisions? I probably screwed up somewhere .