New kh20 squeaking ? strange noise

Old May 28th 08, 09:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nubcake

Default New kh20 squeaking ? strange noise

what's so hard about getting a shifter and tightening the spokes? no
need for paying anyone money to do a monkeys job, and no spesh tools
needed... maybe just a bit more patience when using a shifter. my pos
ebay uni used to make a bad groan groan groan with each revolution and
all it took was a small shifter, some time, my fingers to squeeze each
spoke and test how much give it had and tighten as necessary... then
yes ofcourse spin the wheel and check it's alignment and adjust the
necessary spokes to bring the wheel back to center.

dude just get your uni, flip it over, and squeeze pairs of spokes with
your hand and see if they move. if they clearly do then there's atleast
A problem there, and as a few have said probably THE problem. takes
like 10 seconds to check them all and see if anythings funky or not!

DOO EEET!!!

--
nubcake
Old May 28th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

what's a shifter?

--
kington99

Dave

Old May 28th 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onebyone

Noise on KH unicycles can be a problem, *IF *noise worries you. Usually
this is not a problem mechanically. Check that you have some grease on
the splines. Spokes can be properly tensioned but still creak. They
won't break but can annoy you. Just learn to ride and accept weird
noises Check that everything is generally tight (not overdone).

--
onebyone
Old May 28th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

I'm guessing, but it's USA wrench, UK spanner, and down under a
shifter.

And enough with the "take it to the LBS shop" advice , OK ? Do you
really think we are so stupid that we don't know that we can pay people
at bike shops to fix our wheels ?

Buy a spoke wrench, read a little bit, and figure it out. It's like
rubic's cube, except 100 times easier, and you got to learn to do it,
whereas you can blow off rubics cube, and not be so lame. Get a shifter
!

--
feel the light

New kh20 squeaking ? strange noise patsandy100 Unicycling 10 January 16th 09 02:15 AM
Squeaking noise from rear wheel while freewheeling (not the brakes, I think) [email protected] UK 7 August 24th 06 08:44 PM
strange noise davek UK 37 December 3rd 04 12:07 AM
strange noise Paul Nevai Techniques 4 June 10th 04 02:31 PM
Help! Strange clunking noise... Matthew Myatt UK 4 September 1st 03 01:32 PM