Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

Old November 18th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Nov 18, 5:52*pm, wrote:

Speaking of not riding while drunk . . .

"One In Three Fatal Bicycle Accidents Linked To Alcohol"

Dear Carl,

Why is it that we tend to focus on the death statistics and overlook
the serious injuries?

Regards,
James.
Old November 18th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Calling rear gunner Krygowski, was Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

"Calling rear gunner Krygowski. Rear gunner Krygowski to the rear
guard. Rear gunner Krygowski wanted for rear guard defense!"

Don't you think this is cruel and unusual punishment for Frank, Phil?
After all, he's convinced us, and a few weakminded acolytes, that
there are no, repeat no, fatal bicycle accidents in the States, and
the few people on bicycles who die aren't really bicyclists but
drunks, or otherwise deserving of their fate, and the hit and run
motorists who kill them should stick around to accept the plaudits of
grateful Citizens for a Cycling America (CACA). Why do you keep
feeding his obsession?

Andre Jute
Just the fax mam, I'll get the e-mail later

On Nov 17, 3:33*am, Phil H wrote:
"Traffic records for all bicyclist fatalities occurring in Arizona
during the year 2009 were categorized and listed according to manner
of collision and assignment of fault. Primary results are that 11 of
25 fatalities (44%) were determined to be the fault of the cyclist;
while 14 of 25 (56%) were the fault of a motor vehicle driver. The
most common manner of collision is when a driver strikes a cyclist
from behind"

Of the 14 driver caused fatalities there were 6 traffic citations, 7
criminal indictments and 1 neither.
Phil H

Old November 18th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn °_°

Default André Jute is doing that thing that makes people dislike him

On 11/18/2010 5:49 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
"Calling rear gunner Krygowski. Rear gunner Krygowski to the rear
guard. Rear gunner Krygowski wanted for rear guard defense!"
[...]

yawn

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old November 18th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

makes me weep for the pro Bill Bunko
Old November 18th 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Nov 18, 6:32*am, James wrote:

Dear Carl,

Why is it that we tend to focus on the death statistics and overlook
the serious injuries?

One reason is that data on deaths is much more robust than data on
serious injuries. In fact, even the definition of "death" is much
more clear than the definition of "serious injuries."

Another reason is that counts of fatalities and counts of serious
injuries tend to move in parallel. IOW, situations that cause lots of
fatalities also tend to cause lots of serious injuries. Riding in
cars is an example.

But James, if you are interested in serious injuries, you should find
some good data on serious injuries while cycling and post it,
especially if it tells us something new.

- Frank Krygowski
Old November 18th 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Tom Sherman, two-faced ratface

On Nov 18, 11:56*am, Tēm ShermĒn °_° ""twshermanDELETE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 11/18/2010 5:49 AM, Andre Jute wrote:

"Calling rear gunner Krygowski. Rear gunner Krygowski to the rear
guard. Rear gunner Krygowski wanted for rear guard defense!"
[...]

yawn

--
T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Aren't you the same little rat-faced hypocrite who's always whining
about me putting people's names in headlines? Oh, right, I know who
you are now. The one who thinks Mussolini was der Fuhrer of the Third
Reich. Ignorant as well as hypocritical. No wonder you and the fascist
homogenizer Krygowski are birds of a feather. -- Andre Jute
Old November 18th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Nov 18, 9:11*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Nov 18, 6:32*am, James wrote:

Dear Carl,

Why is it that we tend to focus on the death statistics and overlook
the serious injuries?

One reason is that data on deaths is much more robust than data on
serious injuries. *In fact, even the definition of "death" is much
more clear than the definition of "serious injuries."

Another reason is that counts of fatalities and counts of serious
injuries tend to move in parallel. *IOW, situations that cause lots of
fatalities also tend to cause lots of serious injuries. * Riding in
cars is an example.

Actually, a lot of things that used to be fatal are not -- like car
accidents and wars. At the other end of the spectrum, see:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...cycling_in_por...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting...hsu_bike_injur...

Bicycling has a 20% injury rate if you count scraped palms. -- Jay
Beattie.
Old November 18th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Nov 18, 3:21*pm, kolldata wrote:
makes me weep for the pro Bill Bunko

Why is it that when you're being deliberately nasty, Daniels, -- as
distinct from your normal mode of involuntary nastiness -- your
language always improves almost to comprehensibility?

Just asking.

Andre Jute
On behalf of mankind, though.
Old November 18th 10, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

And here once more we have Kreepy Krygo give absolutely lethal cycling
advice:
On Nov 18, 5:11*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

But James, if you are interested in serious injuries, you should find
some good data on serious injuries while cycling and post it,

No, James should certainly not be reading anything, even cycling
injury statistics, 'while cycling', nor should he 'post it' or
anything else 'while cycling'. While he's operating his bicycle, he
should NOT read and NOT operate a computer. One would think that even
Krygowski would know that. Perhaps there are no cycling safety classes
at whatever that place is where they let Krygo loose on the students
with a welding torch in his hand.

Every time I come to RBT I'm amazed, most often at something Krygowski
says. How can a guy who proposes himself as a cycling spokesman for
all of us be so stupid as to advise people to read and operate a
computer on their bikes?

Andre Jute
If I were dumbfounded more often, I'd be dumbstruck, and if I mix with
Krygo much longer, I'll just be dumb; the virus that made him so
stupid is most likely contagious
Old November 18th 10, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Nov 18, 6:32*am, James wrote:

[...]

Beattie.- Hide quoted text -

Oops, bad links. Try