Jobst

Old January 18th 11, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Default Jobst

On Jan 17, 11:03*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H
wrote:

Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
Phil H

Jobst is in the Stanford ICU, which can only confirm that a patient is
there.

Room numbers change in the ICU, but the address below will work:

*Stanford Hospital & Clinics
*ATTN: Jobst Brandt
*E2 ICU
*300 Pasteur Drive
*Stanford, CA 94305

Visitors should be aware of the ICU arrangements:

E2 Intensive Care Unit (ICU): *10:00 am - 10:00 pm, every 2 hours on
the even hour for 30 minutes, guests must be over the age of 16.

http://stanfordhospital.org/forPatients/visiting.html

So Carl, do you know what happened? -- Jay Beattie.
Old January 19th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RobertH

On Jan 17, 9:22 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

Brad, any more details? I assume this was a bicycling accident?
Breaking your femur on a bike is kind of hard thing to do -- minus
getting smacked by a car. It's hard imagining a crash mode that would
result in a broken femur. A hip mabe, particularly in his
demographic. -- Jay Beattie.

Maybe a Beloki type thing...

Can also break a femur by slamming it into the handlebar real hard
and ... unexpectedly.

Best wishes to Jobst.
Old January 19th 11, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley[_2_]

On Jan 17, 1:22*pm, Phil H wrote:
Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
Phil H

Wow - that's not good news.

Didn't Jobst have a hip replacement a few years back? If so, I wonder
how that interacts with a broken leg.

Best wishes to him!
Old January 19th 11, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
robin2660

On Jan 17, 10:22*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:08*pm, Brad Anders wrote:

On Jan 17, 11:22*am, Phil H wrote:

Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
Phil H

Update for this group on what I posted in r.b.r., Jobst broke his
femur in an accident on Saturday and is in the hospital. I'll update
if/when I hear more.

Brad, any more details? I assume this was a bicycling accident?
Breaking your femur on a bike is kind of hard thing to do -- minus
getting smacked by a car. *It's hard imagining a crash mode that would
result in a broken femur. *A hip mabe, particularly in his
demographic. -- Jay Beattie.

For those who don't know, the hip is the femur.
Old January 19th 11, 10:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sergio Moretti

On Jan 17, 11:22*am, Phil H wrote:

Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
Phil H

Update for this group on what I posted in r.b.r., Jobst broke his
femur in an accident on Saturday and is in the hospital. I'll update
if/when I hear more.

Brad, any more details? I assume this was a bicycling accident?
Breaking your femur on a bike is kind of hard thing to do -- minus
getting smacked by a car. *It's hard imagining a crash mode that would
result in a broken femur. *A hip mabe, particularly in his
demographic. -- Jay Beattie.

For those who don't know, the hip is the femur.- Hide quoted text -

No, it's your thigh bone.

Old January 19th 11, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Art Harris

Phil H wrote:

Didn't Jobst have a hip replacement a few years back? If so, I wonder
how that interacts with a broken leg.

I seem to recall that he broke his hip in a fall back in the '90s in
France. I don't think that would have any interaction with the femur
break. It might not even be the same side.

Art Harris
Old January 19th 11, 02:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brad Anders

On Jan 18, 8:17*am, Jay Beattie wrote:

So Carl, do you know what happened?

Jay, I heard some stuff, but rather than conjecture, I'm going to wait
for Jobst to recover and get back online. Perhaps he'll be able to
fill in what actually happened.
Old January 19th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 19/01/2011 10:54, Sergio Moretti wrote:
On Jan 19, 1:03 am, wrote:
On Jan 17, 10:22 pm, Jay wrote:

On Jan 17, 1:08 pm, Brad wrote:

On Jan 17, 11:22 am, Phil wrote:

Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
Phil H

Update for this group on what I posted in r.b.r., Jobst broke his
femur in an accident on Saturday and is in the hospital. I'll update
if/when I hear more.

Brad, any more details? I assume this was a bicycling accident?
Breaking your femur on a bike is kind of hard thing to do -- minus
getting smacked by a car. It's hard imagining a crash mode that would
result in a broken femur. A hip mabe, particularly in his
demographic. -- Jay Beattie.

For those who don't know, the hip is the femur.- Hide quoted text -

No, it's your thigh bone.

When one has "broken one's hip", what is broken is the top of the femur.
I've got the screws to prove it...
When one has "broken one's femur", it's normally the same bone, only
further down.
Old January 19th 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Clive George wrote:
:On 19/01/2011 10:54, Sergio Moretti wrote:
: On Jan 19, 1:03 am, wrote:
: On Jan 17, 10:22 pm, Jay wrote:
:
:
:
:
:
: On Jan 17, 1:08 pm, Brad wrote:
:
: On Jan 17, 11:22 am, Phil wrote:
:
[...]

Often, not always. People do break the innominate. It takes some
doing, becuase it's relatively more massive than the femur,
particularly the piece between the head (the part in the hip socket)
and the shaft (the long part down your thigh), which is what's often
broken, particularly by the elderly. But collisions (with a car, the
bars, the ground, whatever) can put substantial forces on whatever
part of thebody hits first.

:When one has "broken one's femur", it's normally the same bone, only
:further down.

Yeah, a femural fracture is almost certainly the the shaft. That's
pretty rare.

--
There's nothing sadder than an ontologist without an ontogenesis.
-- some guy with a beard
Old January 19th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

LOCAL NOISE CONTINUES STATING JB WAS HIT BY A TRUCK

Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 05:31 PM
Something new for Jobst to worry about [email protected] Techniques 5 October 6th 09 06:55 PM
math question for jobst jim beam[_5_] Techniques 102 August 24th 09 04:08 PM
It must be lonely up there, Jobst Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 7 May 14th 09 06:15 AM
jobst, please explain jim beam[_5_] Techniques 0 May 4th 09 06:03 AM