The idée fixe of the anti-helmet zealots, the vehicular cyclists, etc

Old December 16th 13, 10:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default The idée fixe of the anti-helmet zealots, the vehicular cyclists, etc

It is time to reduce Krygowski's belief and policy to its core so that we can examine its fundamental inhumanity.

Krygowski's big idea, embodied in his slogan "Danger! Danger!" is that we should do nothing about avoidable cyclist deaths because to do anything at all to save cyclists from an unnecessary death sends a message to potential cyclists that cycling is dangerous and puts them off, thereby reducing the net benefit of cycling to society.

Krygowski's is an entirely fascist construction, in which the cyclist should sacrifice everything, up to and including his life, for one man's vision of the future. It is irrelevant that this murderous vision comes from the unappetizing control freak Krygowski. What is immoral and despicable about it is that Krygowski, for his personal aggrandizement, wants by inaction and silence to kill cyclists who, but for a little care, would have lived to ride another day.

The humane alternative values each individual cyclist's life equally (compare Krygowski's excuses for his callousness, for instance labeling dead cyclists as "drunks" so that he can exclude them from his grotesque statistical version of reality) and to strive mightily to reduce cycling deaths and injuries on the road to nil. Of course it is an impossible aim, but only by striving towards it will the maximum possible number of cyclist lives be saved.

Andre Jute
Relentless rigor -- Gaius Germanicus
Old December 16th 13, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/16/2013 2:20 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Jesus, you're obsessed. G-d created Thunderbird filters. Use them like
the rest of us do. If ignorant and obnoxious people bother you then
Usenet is the wrong place to hang out because trying to use facts and
logic to convince them of anything is pointless. Not everything in
nature has a purpose.
Old December 16th 13, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, December 16, 2013 2:18:55 PM UTC, SMS wrote:
[...]

Kygowski is a piece of **** that should be flushed down the loo. If you don't want to help, don't get in my way.

Andre Jute
Old December 16th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/16/2013 7:30 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
If you don't want to help, don't get in my way.

snip

In reality, you're the one that's not helping.

Have you heard of the Westboro Baptist Church in the U.S.?

They thrive on the reaction of the public to their antics. When no one
shows up to challenge them they pack up and leave because there's no
publicity. When they showed up at my kids' school the entire student
body ignored them, entering the school through a side entrance so no one
even saw their signs. There was no response. There was no media
coverage. WBC left in utter defeat after ten minutes.

Your crusade against one particular poster achieves nothing. No one
believes anything he posts anyway, you're just giving him a reason to
continue being obnoxious. A great many of us have filtered him out. We
feel sorry for him, but there's nothing that can be done. Usenet is like
that. You feel compelled to continue in this crusade even though the
battle has already been won. And by being vulgar you are the one that
ends up looking bad.

Old December 16th 13, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy
--
davethedave
Old December 16th 13, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 17/12/13 08:12, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

right clicks newsgroup and clicks "Mark Newsgroup Read" and wishes the
cross posting ******s would bugger off

--
JS
Old December 16th 13, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, December 16, 2013 9:12:54 PM UTC, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who

do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

--

davethedave

Scharfie's a sideshow, Dave.
Old December 16th 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

James writes:

On 17/12/13 08:12, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

right clicks newsgroup and clicks "Mark Newsgroup Read" and wishes
the cross posting ******s would bugger off

You've got the right. Fortunately I configured my news reader (gnus)
to reject all posts with alt.* in the distribution. I thought
the cross-posting would eventually die out, but it hasn't.

--
Joe Riel
Old December 16th 13, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

Joe Riel writes:

James writes:

On 17/12/13 08:12, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

right clicks newsgroup and clicks "Mark Newsgroup Read" and wishes
the cross posting ******s would bugger off

You've got the right. Fortunately I configured my news reader (gnus)
to reject all posts with alt.* in the distribution. I thought
the cross-posting would eventually die out, but it hasn't.

I meant to type: "you've got *that* right. As in, "I agree".

--
Joe Riel

Krygo lashes out at insufficiently gung-ho anti-helmet zealots Andre Jute[_2_] Rides 0 August 31st 10 01:21 AM
The most common errors by the Anti-Helmet Zealots about the New Yorkstudy of bicycling fatalities and serious injuries Andre Jute[_2_] General 1 August 27th 10 12:06 AM
anti-helmet video? Mike Jacoubowsky Techniques 15 October 27th 09 11:56 PM
WTB: fixe' Fraz Marketplace 0 October 13th 08 11:39 PM
idee fixe davek UK 8 May 13th 05 08:27 AM