BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

Old March 17th 05, 04:05 PM
Eric Harvey

Default BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I just want to get the info out on this
a-hole. I have been doing bike-related buying and selling over the internet
via newsgroups and websites since 1994 and I have never been "burned" until
this transaction.

On Nov. 23, 2004, I paid Mr. Creed $300 USD via PayPal for a pair of new
Shimano R215 shoes and Dura-Ace SPD-SL pedals that were advertised on
roadbikereview.com. The agreement was to send the package via US Postal
service airmail to me in Canada. They did not arrive before Christmas, but I
gave some extra grace period because this is a very busy time for the mail
system.

After not receiving anything by Jan. 11, 2005, I e-mailed Mr. Creed and
inquired. He was very responsive, even offering to "buy new shoes/pedals and
send them". I told him to first check into the situation with the post
office. He replied on Jan. 21 saying that the USPS had found the package in
customs and the label had been damaged, hence the delay. He said he would
re-send them by Monday Jan. 24.

By Feb. 17, I started to believe that nothing was coming. I sent Mr. Creed
an e-mail stating that I was unsure about the transaction and its
legitimacy, and that at this point I just wanted my money to be refunded to
my PayPal account. Obviously I had no recourse to file a complaint via
PayPal because the 30 day window had expired (edit: it is actually 45 days,
still makes no difference). However, I told Mr. Creed that in the interests
of fair trade he should refund my money. He replied, initially saying
something about the lost package, I replied back that I just wanted my
money, and he replied saying "refund forthcoming".

It is now Mar. 16, and I have not received a refund. Again, I fully realize
that I don't really have any grounds, but I have told Mr. Creed that I would
be posting about his trading habits here and on rec.bicycles newsgroups
where also frequents. I would fully recommend that anyone reading this to
never consider a purchase from Mr. Creed, regardless of the price and
promises.

Mr. Creed, I know you read these newsgroups. Don't try to engage me in a
conversation about the situation. It has been nearly 4 months since you
received my money and I have received nothing! I do not want to talk about
it on this forum or in e-mail. I just want you to simply refund my money to
my PayPal account. That is the only honest solution you can provide at this
point.

Eric

Old March 17th 05, 04:54 PM
T A

I too had an unfortunate experience w/Mr Creed. I PP funds for a set of NIB
Alaneras. They never arrived and he told me some story about having
"mis-addressed" the package. To his credit he did eventually refund the
money but I am in CA not Canada) BTW, he said he is Mike Creed's
(Discovery Team) dad. FWIW.

Old March 17th 05, 05:18 PM
scott patton

In article k.net,
T A wrote:
I too had an unfortunate experience w/Mr Creed. I PP funds for a set of NIB
Alaneras. They never arrived and he told me some story about having
"mis-addressed" the package. To his credit he did eventually refund the
money but I am in CA not Canada) BTW, he said he is Mike Creed's
(Discovery Team) dad. FWIW.

What does that have to do with anything?

You gonna go to www.mikecreed.com and email his son?

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

Old March 17th 05, 06:01 PM
scott patton

In article .net,
T A wrote:
What would that have to do w/anything?

I miss-read that.

I now realize it said Mike Sr. said he was Mike Jr's dad.

I would think that pointing that out in either case, would be odd...
and wonder what it has to do with anything.

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO
Old March 17th 05, 06:55 PM

scott patton wrote:
You gonna go to www.mikecreed.com and email his son?

Scott

Actually, if I were in this guy's position, that's exactly what I'd do.

The racing community in the U.S. is small, and word gets around. If
someone told me my old man was ripping people off, you bet I'd tell him
to cut it out.

Old March 17th 05, 08:02 PM
Bill C

wrote:
scott patton wrote:
You gonna go to
www.mikecreed.com and email his son?

Scott

Actually, if I were in this guy's position, that's exactly what I'd

do.

The racing community in the U.S. is small, and word gets around. If
someone told me my old man was ripping people off, you bet I'd tell

him
to cut it out.

We've only heard one side of this. Before I decide on anything I want
to hear the other side of it too. Going public with specific
accusations is pretty damn serious so before I even beging to make up
my mind I want to hear the rest. They need to be real careful where in
public they are making these, without solid proof.
Just my $.02
Bill C

Old March 17th 05, 08:07 PM
Tom

So if you didn't want to talk about this in a public forum why post
this in a public forum? You brought it up, now expect the ****-storm
to begin. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just saying.

Tom

Old March 17th 05, 08:15 PM
scott patton

In article om,
wrote:

scott patton wrote:
You gonna go to www.mikecreed.com and email his son?

Scott

Actually, if I were in this guy's position, that's exactly what I'd do.

The racing community in the U.S. is small, and word gets around. If
someone told me my old man was ripping people off, you bet I'd tell him
to cut it out.

It's my guess that YMC has, or will soon read all of this. Hard to say
for sure, but ...

Maybe it's hard to get time off from Burger King.... or Kunich is too
busy lusting after him....

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO
Old March 17th 05, 10:05 PM
Mark E

Chris Phillipo wrote:
In article om,
says...

Subject: BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.marketplace, rec.bicycles.racing

scott patton wrote:

You gonna go to
www.mikecreed.com and email his son?

Scott

Actually, if I were in this guy's position, that's exactly what I'd do.

The racing community in the U.S. is small, and word gets around. If
someone told me my old man was ripping people off, you bet I'd tell him
to cut it out.

Or if the guy in fact isn't even related to Mike, that would be an even
bigger deal.

Or if the guy was related to the rock band, CREED... that would be an
even BIGGER deal