Voodoo?

Old January 3rd 11, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default Voodoo?

40/11 = thornproof tube on rear at least for starters but nooooo
stravinsky that makes this worser.
Rite of Bernoulli.
the american composer whathisname Horseshoe Sam's more arapaho.
Old January 3rd 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jan 2, 6:52*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. *I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set a record for flats, including three in one ride.

Today I rolled my touring bike out. *Because of record snows and the
flu, it hasn't seen daylight in a month. *The front tire was fine, but
its rear tire was flat. *Again. *And I could find no leak. *Again.

So enough already, OK?

Only one for me last year, and that's because I ran a 35/37 tube in a
47mm tire, as we didn't have any wider tubes at the shop. A mile walk
home in the sunshine. It was brutal, especially since I was wearing
comfortable shoes. Had a couple slow pin leaks in 09, so used half a
patch for both. Glad someone's keeping the gremlins busy.

Old January 3rd 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 2, 5:52*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. *I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set a record for flats, including three in one ride.

Today I rolled my touring bike out. *Because of record snows and the
flu, it hasn't seen daylight in a month. *The front tire was fine, but
its rear tire was flat. *Again. *And I could find no leak. *Again.

So enough already, OK?

- Frank Krygowski

I think I who who he is. He is an Afrikaaner
Old January 3rd 11, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
slide[_3_]

On 1/2/2011 5:52 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set a record for flats, including three in one ride.

Today I rolled my touring bike out. Because of record snows and the
flu, it hasn't seen daylight in a month. The front tire was fine, but
its rear tire was flat. Again. And I could find no leak. Again.

So enough already, OK?

I've been through that phase myself including the 3 in one ride. My
solution is to use flattie pedals & normal walking shoes. At worst, I
may have to catch a bus.
Old January 3rd 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

On 1/3/2011 9:53 AM, slide wrote:
On 1/2/2011 5:52 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set a record for flats, including three in one ride.

Today I rolled my touring bike out. Because of record snows and the
flu, it hasn't seen daylight in a month. The front tire was fine, but
its rear tire was flat. Again. And I could find no leak. Again.

So enough already, OK?

I've been through that phase myself including the 3 in one ride. My
solution is to use flattie pedals & normal walking shoes. At worst, I
may have to catch a bus.

Kevlars on the touring bike. Specialized flak jackets on the road bike.
No flats last season (knock on wood)
Old January 3rd 11, 03:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 1/2/2011 8:29 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set a record for flats, including three in one ride.

Today I rolled my touring bike out. Because of record snows and the
flu, it hasn't seen daylight in a month. The front tire was fine, but
its rear tire was flat. Again. And I could find no leak. Again.

So enough already, OK?

My employee's theory is that the teeny little steel wires we pull out
are from street sweeper brushes.

Inflate tube as large as you dare and hang it up for a few minutes. The
injury will distend enough to find the leak. Match that spot to your
tire and feel for a very small wire which barely spans the tread depth.

Or, yes, it could be voodoo or gremlins.

One year I flatted 4 rides in a row, exactly at the same spot (about
mile 20). It turned out to be one of those nearly invisible wires that
took precisely that amount of distance to nibble through the tube.
Old January 3rd 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Jan 2, 8:22*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 16:52:20 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski

wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. *I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set a record for flats, including three in one ride.

Today I rolled my touring bike out. *Because of record snows and the
flu, it hasn't seen daylight in a month. *The front tire was fine, but
its rear tire was flat. *Again. *And I could find no leak. *Again.

So enough already, OK?

- Frank Krygowski

Dear Frank,

Forty rear flats, eleven front flats, not even one flat per week.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

All goatheads? My flats were mostly self-inflicted -- a rear Salsa
Delgado 29er rim on my commute bike with a rim-bed that was oddly
profiled so that plastic 18mm tape was simultaneously too wide and too
narrow. It would shift and interfere with the tire bead and expose a
spoke hole. The wide Velox tape was too wide and made it hard to seat
tires. I recently wrapped it with strapping tape -- which is much
harder to find these days with the dominance of that flimsy plastic
package tape. The Paselas I was using (regardless of rim) seemed to
be flat magnets.

I always carry spares and a pump. Even if I were to ride flat pedals
and comfortable shoes, who wants to walk ten -- or even two -- miles
home. -- Jay Beattie.
Old January 3rd 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

Dear Jay,

Mostly goatheads, with a sprinkling of glass, Russian olive thorns, a
Michelin wire, a staple, and so on. With goatheads so common here,
it's normal to patch a Slime tube, pump it up to test overnight, and
patch another pinhole slow leak.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old January 3rd 11, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Sidewall failures from Touring loads. Then for local touring - Wal -
using Pasela Messengers solved flatout but are wooden responders.

Then went to Conti Contacts for over the road like from Cocoa Beach to
Titusville, less grip than TT but who needs flatout on 1A ?

But racer road got Conti TT or Pasela cotton walls.

5 iron please...

if the max touring setup is tested - kevlar, thornproof slime, treaded
touting tire...would a goat head holeit ?

Old January 3rd 11, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
Sidewall failures from Touring loads. Then for local touring - Wal -
using Pasela Messengers solved flatout but are wooden responders.

Then went to Conti Contacts for over the road like from Cocoa Beach to
Titusville, less grip than TT but who needs flatout on 1A ?

But racer road got Conti TT or Pasela cotton walls.

5 iron please...

if the max touring setup is tested - kevlar, thornproof slime, treaded
touting tire...would a goat head holeit ?

Pasela have been nylon casing since Day One.
No cotton Paselas. Ever.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I got a Loa Voodoo Titanim frame [email protected] Australia 0 January 11th 08 11:49 PM
Voodoo use on the rise Jim Verheul Recumbent Biking 0 November 28th 05 12:35 AM
voodoo child pirate jenny Australia 0 October 2nd 05 02:56 AM
wanted-- voodoo d-jab 19.5" frame jmcmurra Marketplace 0 November 22nd 04 01:34 PM
FA: Voodoo Nzumbi SS Frameset Trukweaz Marketplace 0 May 1st 04 01:09 AM