1st or 2nd Generation Cosmic Pros/ 571 Freehub question

Old May 20th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ernie

Default 1st or 2nd Generation Cosmic Pros/ 571 Freehub question

I have a set of aluminum Cosmic Pros with a Campy 8 speed freehub
body. From my research I think it's a 571 style hub. I did pull it
off and it does have the face ratchet mech. I take it that the FTS
style body is not compatible. How would can I ID the difference?
What are my options to get a 9/10 speed body (campy or shimano) on
there? What are suitable donor wheels?

thanks for anyhelp.

Ernie
Old May 20th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On May 19, 8:19*pm, Ernie wrote:
I have a set of aluminum Cosmic Pros with a Campy 8 speed freehub
body. *From my research I think it's a 571 style hub. *I did pull it
off and it does have the face ratchet mech. *I take it that the FTS
style body is not compatible. *How would can I *ID the difference?
What are my options to get a 9/10 speed body (campy or shimano) on
there? *What are suitable donor wheels?

thanks for anyhelp.

Ernie

That is correct, not compatible. You need a shimano compatible freehub
body with the 'face' type pawls, so as to use some sort of 10s cogset.
Mavic never made a Campagnolo 9s freehub body for this wheel. I think
Mavic made a Campagnolo compatible 9s cogset for this freehub(M9?,
CC9?) but it was almost a decade ago.

Coda (Cannondale) Freehub Question?? [email protected] Techniques 6 August 31st 06 04:22 PM
Freehub question jj1075 Techniques 5 June 2nd 06 11:14 PM
Ritchey Freehub / Campy/Shim cassette mount question Hank Wirtz Techniques 0 August 13th 05 07:36 AM
Mavic Cosmic Pro freehub replacement possible? ryan Techniques 0 February 18th 05 05:01 AM
vintage shimano 7-speed freehub question. Sheldon Brown Techniques 1 August 25th 03 01:58 PM