Park TS-8 ok?

Old May 18th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Park TS-8 ok?

Hi All,

For my recent wheelbuilding endeavors, I have been using and old frame
and some clamps and such to jury-rig a truing stand. Unwieldy to say
the least, but it has worked.

I was thinking of buying a Park TS-8 stand, but I am concerned that
the flip-to-check-dish setup might make it not really worth it. I have
used the Park TS-2 at the LBS, and the spring mounted caliper, etc
makes things quite nice. Is the TS-8 too mickey-mouse to bother with?

Joseph
Old May 19th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On May 18, 3:34*pm, "
wrote:
Hi All,

For my recent wheelbuilding endeavors, I have been using and old frame
and some clamps and such to jury-rig a truing stand. Unwieldy to say
the least, but it has worked.

I was thinking of buying a Park TS-8 stand, but I am concerned that
the flip-to-check-dish setup might make it not really worth it. I have
used the Park TS-2 at the LBS, and the spring mounted caliper, etc
makes things quite nice. Is the TS-8 too mickey-mouse to bother with?

Joseph

http://cgi.ebay.com/PARK-TOOLS-WHEEL...mZ260241827184

Wait for a TS-2.
Old May 19th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

skrev:

For my recent wheelbuilding endeavors, I have been using and old frame
and some clamps and such to jury-rig a truing stand. Unwieldy to say
the least, but it has worked.

I was thinking of buying a Park TS-8 stand, but I am concerned that
the flip-to-check-dish setup might make it not really worth it. I have
used the Park TS-2 at the LBS, and the spring mounted caliper, etc
makes things quite nice. Is the TS-8 too mickey-mouse to bother with?

I love good tools and usually spend more to get a higher quality. That
said, I really don't think a TS-2 provides good value for the money
for a hobbyist. How many wheels are you expecting to build every year?
I think I have build 8 wheels on my Minoura Workman Pro. I don't use
its centering tool (don't trust it) so I flip the wheel to check dish
and use a dishing tool too, - doesn't bother me at all. If it takes me
10 more minutes to finish a wheel so what. Of course in a shop where
people are getting paid it is another story. Haven't tried the TS-8,
so I don't have an opinion on it as such, but the Workman pro is
excellent.
Better spend the money difference on better hubs and rims, that is
where the real fun is IMHO.

--
Regards

What no car park ? MSeries UK 2 February 7th 06 10:03 AM
Warning - a couple of thieves are working the C'games car park at Lysterfield Park :( Paulus Australia 3 October 13th 05 01:08 PM
MTB Park Loomer Mountain Biking 9 August 14th 04 01:30 PM
RR: Chimney Rock Park a.k.a. Endo Park Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 4 June 28th 04 03:57 PM
How much to park my car? .o0 0o. General 5 May 2nd 04 07:18 AM