SPRING TIRE ?

Old April 19th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default SPRING TIRE ?

A FLYING SQIUERRL SPECIAL

Panaracer T-Serv Urban Sport MTB Tire

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...ls.php?id=4593

????
Old April 19th 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

datakoll wrote:
A FLYING SQIUERRL SPECIAL

Panaracer T-Serv Urban Sport MTB Tire

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...ls.php?id=4593

????

I really like these:

Panaracer High Road V MTB Tire

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...5_10000_200327

Especially at $10 a pop.

Old April 20th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

‘oh yes they all run slicks’

you bet !

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=... 6tbs%3Disch:1

I’ll send her around…
Old April 20th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Goreblymee…
There no end to it !
Not the tooth fairy but close..

http://www.pdfee.com/michelin-air-x-for-737-nose.html

http://www.airmichelin.com/pdfs/C737NOS1.pdf
Old April 20th 10, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

here's muh PDFeeeee search for: land mines

http://www.pdfee.com/search/land+mines
Old April 20th 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

datakoll wrote:
Goreblymee…
There no end to it !
Not the tooth fairy but close..

http://www.pdfee.com/michelin-air-x-for-737-nose.html

http://www.airmichelin.com/pdfs/C737NOS1.pdf

didn't see any prices.
Can I get them in matching colors to my Pro 3 Michelins?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old April 20th 10, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Apr 19, 7:54*pm, AMuzi wrote:
datakoll wrote:
Goreblymee…
There no end to it !
Not the tooth fairy but close..

http://www.pdfee.com/michelin-air-x-for-737-nose.html

http://www.airmichelin.com/pdfs/C737NOS1.pdf

didn't see any prices.
Can I get them in matching colors to my Pro 3 Michelins?

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

yawl want the regular ones with sipes or dewuwanna order the slicks
special ?
Old April 20th 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT.../tire-tech.htm

ahguess duh airplane tire's got grooves not sipes as sipe is defined
as small incisions not gouges or grooves....but a slick itsnot.

the planes weight/tire contact patch may outweigh a small incsions
usefullness as the sipe would close under IMPACT pawsibly closing
around a hard metal object say a chunk of Concorde wing or sumsuch,

one of the lost in the hairpin at LBGP sat motionless for several
minutes...when driving away the contact patchs had a blanket of
rubbery looking debris stuck on there...
Old April 20th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DCim

On 4/19/2010 5:37 PM, Jobst Brandt wrote:
If that is true, how to they fly commercial air
that lands at 200mph on drenched runways in the rain and brakes hard
as soon as all tires are on the runway... oh yes they all run slicks.

Jobst Brandt

I believe this was mentioned previously, but in photographs I looked at
online.... most aircraft tires are not slicks, but ribbed designs
(grooves running around the circumference). For reasons I do not have
any accurate description of, this type of tire tread is generally
regarded to track straighter than other types. It's an interesting
question, because it is still used in some vehicles but not at all in
others. If I find any authoritative source for an explanation I'll
relate it here.

It was used on the 1900-era board track racing motorcycles when they
were used on the board tracks--but not on regular (dirt/rock) roads. For
"on-road" riding, they used oval knobby type treads (alternating rows of
two and three knobs, across the tread width of the tire). The ribbed and
knobby tires dominated until around 1915, when other types began to gain
in popularity.

(There are names for these tread types that I have run across, but each
manufacturer seems to have made up different names for what were
extremely tiny variations in tread design)

This tread type is also used to this day for the tires on non-driving
wheels of agricultural equipment, which are also used in loose/plowed
dirt and mud.

In the past, dragsters /always/ had ribbed front tires; now many use
slicks, with the remainder still using ribbed.

Sand rails (rear-wheel-drive sand buggies) also tend to use ribbed front
tires....
Anything else?
~

Old April 20th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Apr 20, 6:03*am, DCim wrote:
[...]

interesting-knobbes for dirt, pre 1915. no extensive analysis
necessary: knobbes.

"This tread type is also used to this day for the tires on non-
driving
wheels of agricultural equipment, which are also used in loose/plowed
dirt and mud. "

what does a large passenger jet and a Ford 9N have in common ? besides
hauling...

travels in straight lines !

mounting circumferential ribbed "slicks" on your Benz' front end is a
worthwhile experiment !

the ground vehicle rolls along water throwing up a wake, riding up
onto the wake front then hydroplanning

jet lands with force squeezing water out from between tread and crete
then slows slows never riding up on wake needing only a few channels
for water to pour into then throw off with a raillike stabilizing
function.

?

hydroplanning passenger jets would be a serious transportatioj
problem, no ?

tickets tickets....