AP Breaking News: Prosecutors close Armstrong inquiry, no charges

Old February 4th 12, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Default AP Breaking News: Prosecutors close Armstrong inquiry, no charges

Hope LAFF doesn't go off the deep end with this announcement.......

--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com
Old February 4th 12, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_5_]

On 2/3/2012 6:17 PM, William R. Mattil wrote:
Hope LAFF doesn't go off the deep end with this announcement.......

When has Laff ever been out of the deep end?

Old February 4th 12, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
tritonrider

On Feb 3, 9:40*pm, Jimmy July wrote:
On 2/3/2012 6:17 PM, William R. Mattil wrote:

Hope LAFF doesn't go off the deep end with this announcement.......

When has Laff ever been out of the deep end?

Believe it or not Brian is one of the most rational, objective, and
reasonable people I know with the exception of one or two minor issues
related to doping in sports.
Good friend, great guy
Bill C
Old February 4th 12, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Feb 3, 6:05*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Feb 3, 3:44*pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:

On 03/02/2012 23:35, Ken Prager wrote:

Federal prosecutors dropped their investigation of Lance Armstrong on Friday,
ending a nearly two-year effort aimed at determining whether the seven-time
Tour de France winner and his teammates participated in a doping program.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CYC_DOPING_ARMSTRONG?SITE=OHCI...

http://www.usada.org/media/statement232012:
"Unlike the U.S. Attorney, USADA's job is to protect clean sport rather
than enforce specific criminal laws. Our investigation into doping in
the sport of cycling is continuing and we look forward to obtaining the
information developed during the federal investigation."

Also, the Fraudbytes Blog will persevere in seeing this matter
through to its conclusion!

Fredmaster Ben

p.s. You never know, maybe Tommy Weisel is still in jeopardy.

We don't know what WADA might yet be able to achieve with those aged-
like-fine-wine urine samples.

After all, they've absolutely proved they don't care one bit about
their image. In contrast, it would seem that renegade investigators,
leaks (including, allegedly, Grand Jury testimony), problems with
custody of "evidence", lack of supposed "confidentiality", etc., do
matter at US Legal.

There's a lesson there, folks-- even if this dropping of the
investigation is all based on "appearances", maybe it's considered a
good thing in some quarters to preserve at least the appearance of
some kind of fair-and-just legal process?
I hope so. However, I'd also be good with knowing that Betsy Andreu is
more or less correct, just based on Novitsky's balls-in-the-vice
"evidence-finding" tactics. Money talks, and Lance got the money...

Or hell, maybe the boss prosecutor figured out "what good is any of
this doing, compared to Armstong's continued ability to work with his
Foundation?"

Or hell, maybe he figured out "they were all doping", and the
prosecution of Barry Bonds wasn't exactly putting his agency in the
limelight with the American public . Speaking of whom: I hope Bonds
wins his appeal, it's important in his world that he does (and the
baseball players were all doping, too, remember), and then maybe we
can MOVE ON. Whew, what a concept...

Excuse me: Brian? Brian??? Yo, BRIIIIIIAN!!!! Helloooo...
(whew, now I'm gonna get it)
--D-y
Old February 4th 12, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/3/2012 6:18 PM, Jimmy July wrote:
Nuh-uh! Novitsky's a bulldog who will bring LA to Justice! He's got all
that ebay evidence, and Tyler's word, and the Landis testimony, and once
Lance threatened a witness, remember? That alone is worth charges.
They've got Lance nailed, this all a ruse to lull Fabio and Lance into a
false sense of security.

Tuesday, just you wait, you'll see next Tuesday!

Dumbass,

You forgot about Och and Wiesel. The forensic accountants were
going to string them all up.

PS Who was it that was going off about how doping for a bike
race wasn't a criminal offense. Anyone remember who that was?
Old February 4th 12, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ronko

In article ,
says...

On 2/3/2012 2:56 PM, dave a wrote:
On 2/3/2012 2:44 PM, A. Dumas wrote:
On 03/02/2012 23:35, Ken Prager wrote:
Federal prosecutors dropped their investigation of Lance Armstrong

on
Friday,
ending a nearly two-year effort aimed at determining whether the
seven-time
Tour de France winner and his teammates participated in a doping
program.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...ING_ARMSTRONG?
SITE=OHCIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://www.usada.org/media/statement232012 :
"Unlike the U.S. Attorney, USADA's job is to protect clean sport rather
than enforce specific criminal laws. Our investigation into doping in
the sport of cycling is continuing and we look forward to obtaining the
information developed during the federal investigation."

Friday is the new Tuesday.

Nuh-uh! Novitsky's a bulldog who will bring LA to Justice! He's got all
that ebay evidence, and Tyler's word, and the Landis testimony, and once
Lance threatened a witness, remember? That alone is worth charges.
They've got Lance nailed, this all a ruse to lull Fabio and Lance into a
false sense of security.

Tuesday, just you wait, you'll see next Tuesday!

Lance has a total top dog lawyer, John Keker. I wouldn't bet against him.

Old February 4th 12, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Feb 3, 7:25*pm, Rick Hopkins wrote:

The tragic thing for BL is he will go to his grave with LA still
famous, worth a lot of money, still respected in the circles that are
important to LA, still living in his mansions flying around the world

LANCE has flying mansions...? ****. I knew he was rich, but that's
just sick!

As far as said obsession - just expect it to be transferred. Either
to Contador, another doper of the day, or maybe his
therapist...assuming he has the sense to get one.

Old February 4th 12, 08:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Jimmy July wrote:
When has Laff ever been out of the deep end?

Shirley you mean deep throat ?
Old February 4th 12, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
tritonrider

On Feb 3, 10:39*pm, --D-y wrote:

Or hell, maybe he figured out "they were all doping", and the
prosecution of Barry Bonds wasn't exactly putting his agency in the
limelight with the American public . Speaking of whom: I hope Bonds
wins his appeal, it's important in his world that he does (and the
baseball players were all doping, too, remember), and then maybe we
can MOVE ON. Whew, what a concept...

Excuse me: Brian? Brian??? Yo, *BRIIIIIIAN!!!! Helloooo...
(whew, now I'm gonna get it)
--D-y

I'm guessing they took a hard look at what happened with Barry Bonds
and realized that they didn't even have anything near the evidence
they had against Bonds. Bonds basically walked.
What amazes me is that both the US and French governments, and
multiple major media types can go balls to the wall for a decade or so
trying to nail this guy and NONE of them can find any kind of smoking
gun. I didn't think you could do that with anyone in any sport and not
be able to at least nail them for a couple of solid offenses.
Let's face it he's easily the most tested/investigated athlete in
history and comes out, if not clean at least reasonably so in
comparison.
Bill C
Old February 4th 12, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Ken Prager wrote:
Federal prosecutors dropped their investigation of Lance Armstrong on Friday,
ending a nearly two-year effort aimed at determining whether the seven-time
Tour de France winner and his teammates participated in a doping program.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...G?SITE=OHCIN&S
ECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Have they published the total cost including a European holiday for
Novitsky ?