Ti square taper BB

Old August 19th 05, 09:58 PM
Steve B.

Default Ti square taper BB

"Sheldon Brown" wrote in message
insert beer can shims each taper side-see "crank saver" in tech archives

Where are you gonna find titanium beer cans?

Carapace Completed Umber
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

It's a hell of a marketing gimmick fot Fat Tire Ale.

Steve B.

Old August 20th 05, 05:11 PM

right. 'jumex' brand is an example
flexibility to conform when pressured and slid upon is a real plus for
the "exact" thin thickness crank saver shims
but that's on not deformed cranks. just a bit squooozed out on the
edges
during the whatzit cognitive phase.
the thicker 'jumex' on a more deformed and less stable surface...??

the tech writing is minus off course- that's ON each taper side.

by the weigh, are you trading the new demon frame for a a carbon
nanotube frame?

as the wheels turn...

Old August 21st 05, 10:43 PM
dan_s

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In my experience, odd-size cans from other countries tend towards
thicker construction. My wife favors these 200 mL pineapple juice cans,
which are hugely stiff (and presumably thick).

yeah, my wife too likes the hugely stiff ones. shame i can't always
provide them

Old August 21st 05, 11:02 PM
Bill Sornson

dan_s wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In my experience, odd-size cans from other countries tend towards
thicker construction. My wife favors these 200 mL pineapple juice
cans, which are hugely stiff (and presumably thick).

yeah, my wife too likes the hugely stiff ones. shame i can't always
provide them

Too much cycling? Fit issue?

Bill "yanking this back on topic (so to speak)" S.

Question: 15MM Square Taper Bolt [email protected] Techniques 16 June 22nd 05 04:56 PM
Enlarging square taper cranks Charles Smith Techniques 13 May 2nd 05 10:17 PM
Crank square taper...? Kenneth Techniques 18 September 22nd 04 02:03 PM
Square Taper BBs NickZX6R Australia 12 March 24th 04 06:20 AM
Crank square taper hole too large - options? Phil Holman Techniques 12 July 18th 03 02:10 AM