Haleakala volcano Maui.world's steepest road.

Old July 16th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Haleakala volcano Maui.world's steepest road.

Randy Draper on his electrically assisted mountain bike climbing
nonstop from sea level to the peak of the 10,005 feet high volcano
Haleakala on Maui, over a distance of 37 miles. Using an unusually
efficient 750 watt brushless motor Got to 10,005 feet from sea level
in 3 hours 3 min and 58 sec.
http://www.bicycles-electric-bikes.c...ycle_facts.htm

Old July 17th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sally

" wrote in news:1153088174.309314.294190
@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:
Randy Draper on his electrically assisted mountain bike climbing
nonstop from sea level to the peak of the 10,005 feet high volcano
Haleakala on Maui, over a distance of 37 miles.

You have an interesting definition of "steep".
Old July 17th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Raptor

wrote:
Randy Draper on his electrically assisted mountain bike climbing
nonstop from sea level to the peak of the 10,005 feet high volcano
Haleakala on Maui, over a distance of 37 miles. Using an unusually
efficient 750 watt brushless motor Got to 10,005 feet from sea level
in 3 hours 3 min and 58 sec.
http://www.bicycles-electric-bikes.c...ycle_facts.htm

Lots of riders without motors can do it significantly faster. Not that I
can. (I'm extrapolating based on race data. I don't know if I've ever
seen the record for Haleakala.)

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,
Old July 18th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Terry Morse

" wrote:

Randy Draper on his electrically assisted mountain bike climbing
nonstop from sea level to the peak of the 10,005 feet high volcano
Haleakala on Maui, over a distance of 37 miles..Got to 10,005 feet
from sea level in 3 hours 3 min and 58 sec.

Last year's Cycle to the Sun winner took 2:51:50 to accomplish the
same feat. No motor needed:

http://cycletothesun.net/Photogallery.html

Is the fact that a motorized bike is almost as fast and almost as
durable as a human remarkable?
--
terry morse - Undiscovered Country Tours - http://udctours.com